Eckankar is dead RIP

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
      I believe it is safe, by now to assume that the path once known as
      Eckankar has finally succumbed to valid criticism. No longer are
      detractors posting and repeating the same rock solid evidence that
      has finally put an end to one of the biggest religious scams of the
      past three decades.
      Eckankar was doomed the moment it was conceived. It had a life and
      now has finally found its place among the dead religions of the world.
      People like David Lane have slain the dragon. They have overturned
      the beast and choked it with logic and reason. It has suffered
      greatly over the past years with accounts of deceit, mind-control,
      plagiarism, scandal, and moreover lies.
      I for one, find no more energy to even look at this path in a
      humorous way. All the jokes have been told. All the reasons for its
      existence have been properly disposed of. Everything has been done to
      revive and vitalize this poor decrepit religion bt the fundie
      braindead Eckheads, but nothing has worked. It died in its sleep
      yesterday at 10:55 MDT.

      Eckankar Oct. 22, 1970 - April Fool's Day, 2003

      Yesterday, April 1, in Chanhassen, Minnesota, Eckankar has died. It's
      cause of death was still under investigation.
      Eckankar was the son of the late Paul and Gail Twitchell. It is
      survived by Harold Klemp, (his secret identity only known as THE
      MAHANTA), and a few thousand followers.
      In lieu of flowers, Harold Klemp has requested that donations be
      mailed in a plain brown paper envelope to his house:

      c/o
      Harold Klemp
      213 Wanker Rd.
      Gopal City, MN

      .
      0
    • nimmy45440
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
        so did eck die the other day this April fools or it will before April
        fools 2003 ? All this truth stuff confuses me. Of course that doesn't
        take much.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
          --- In eckankartruth@y..., "nimmy45440" <chas@e...> wrote:
          > so did eck die the other day this April fools or it will before
          April
          > fools 2003 ? All this truth stuff confuses me. Of course that
          doesn't
          > take much.

          I don't do soul travel....but I'm pretty good at time
          travel.....thanks for pointing ou the goof....
          After all, I am goofy!!

          Yes, Eckankar has already passed on....this year...appropriately on
          April Fool's Day.

          Alf
        • colleen russell
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
            Al,

            I agree with you that there doesn't seem to be any
            energy left in the old/new eckankar, from what many of
            us have experienced.

            Eckankar is a bore!

            There is nothing alive with it....nothing new, nor
            inspirational, nor noble.

            From all of our experiences, and non-eckists
            pain-staking research, eckankar doesn't have a valid
            claim to a true, established "teaching", "religion",
            or whatever they wish to call it...with a "living eck
            master" at the lead....

            It does seem dead to me, as well.

            All I wish to do is occasionally "speak up" at a.r.e.
            so that any newcomer there can see that "all is not
            well in Camelot!"

            Colleen

            --- al_radzik <al_radzik@...> wrote:

            > I believe it is safe, by now to assume that the
            > path once known as
            > Eckankar has finally succumbed to valid criticism.
            > No longer are
            > detractors posting and repeating the same rock solid
            > evidence that
            > has finally put an end to one of the biggest
            > religious scams of the
            > past three decades.
            > Eckankar was doomed the moment it was conceived. It
            > had a life and
            > now has finally found its place among the dead
            > religions of the world.
            > People like David Lane have slain the dragon. They
            > have overturned
            > the beast and choked it with logic and reason. It
            > has suffered
            > greatly over the past years with accounts of deceit,
            > mind-control,
            > plagiarism, scandal, and moreover lies.
            > I for one, find no more energy to even look at
            > this path in a
            > humorous way. All the jokes have been told. All the
            > reasons for its
            > existence have been properly disposed of. Everything
            > has been done to
            > revive and vitalize this poor decrepit religion bt
            > the fundie
            > braindead Eckheads, but nothing has worked. It died
            > in its sleep
            > yesterday at 10:55 MDT.
            >

            > Eckankar Oct. 22, 1970 - April Fool's Day, 2003
            >
            > Yesterday, April 1, in Chanhassen, Minnesota,
            > Eckankar has died. It's
            > cause of death was still under investigation.
            > Eckankar was the son of the late Paul and Gail
            > Twitchell. It is
            > survived by Harold Klemp, (his secret identity only
            > known as THE
            > MAHANTA), and a few thousand followers.
            > In lieu of flowers, Harold Klemp has requested that
            > donations be
            > mailed in a plain brown paper envelope to his house:
            >
            > c/o
            > Harold Klemp
            > 213 Wanker Rd.
            > Gopal City, MN

            > .
            > 0

            =====
            This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged,
            confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure to another person is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • lemrag3
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
              Completely debunked, yet the carcass of
              eckankar continues to thrash around.

              --- In eckankartruth@y..., "al_radzik" <
              al_radzik@y...> wrote:

              > I believe it is safe, by now to assume that the path once known as
              > Eckankar has finally succumbed to valid criticism. No longer are
              > detractors posting and repeating the same rock solid evidence that
              > has finally put an end to one of the biggest religious scams of the
              > past three decades.

              Yeah, you're right, Al. I don't think very
              many serious spiritual seekers
              remain with that bunch - just a lot of
              airheaded, lazy ego strokers. They like
              to just hang out and, like little kids, play the
              game of pretending to be far more
              "spiritual" than they really are. Whenever I
              check into ARE, most often, I just
              delete the whole wagonload of posts -
              unread. It's much like flushing a toilet :-)

              > Eckankar was doomed the moment it was conceived. It had a life and
              > now has finally found its place among the dead religions of the world.

              I think the very early people like Gail and
              a few others must have laughed
              themselves silly on more than one occasion
              that this thing keeps pulling in the bucks.
              And, those poor souls who log on to ARE
              everyday to fight the good fight for Stugotz
              just look too silly for words. Nothing they've
              said in 5 years even deserves a reply. It's all
              too surreal.

              > People like David Lane have slain the dragon. They have overturned
              > the beast and choked it with logic and reason. It has suffered
              > greatly over the past years with accounts of deceit, mind-control,
              > plagiarism, scandal, and moreover lies.

              Yes, it was slain for the serious seeker.
              But have you noticed the caliber of
              members
              these days? Very gullible, often nasty
              tempered, easily led and wanting, oh so
              badly, for
              it to be true. That they really are hand
              selected by Stugotz and chosen to hit the
              pearly
              gates wearing their $14.99 EK tee shirts and
              singing Hooray for Harold! He's our man!

              > I for one, find no more energy to even look at this path in a
              > humorous way. All the jokes have been told. All the reasons for its
              > existence have been properly disposed of. Everything has been done to
              > revive and vitalize this poor decrepit religion bt the fundie
              > braindead Eckheads, but nothing has worked. It died in its sleep
              > yesterday at 10:55 MDT.

              Like you, my interest in it has dwindled
              almost to the point of disappearing. Poking
              fun at a bunch of unarmed ducks has losts
              its allure. They just continue to pop their
              heads
              up and get shot at - day after insufferable
              day, year after year. I think this internet has
              created a whole new form of cult addict.

              -Charlie-
            • Randy Cable
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2002
                Greetings,
                Not from from my home town, 5 people have left
                Eckankar within the past two years. I have not learned
                of any newbies. A friend of mine chats about every 6
                weeks with a fourth initiate. One person who left,
                Barbra, had been in Eckankar for 30+ years and a
                member fo the leaf. I myself choose to wear briefs,
                Hehehehehe.
                Doodah

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/