Re: [eckankartruth] Re: Universe or Multiverse?

  • Randy Cable
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
      Stanley <stanley2914@...> wrote:
      > Some astrophysicists theorize that the entire universe could blow
      > up at any moment without warning!

      >Randy writes:

      Damn, we should be so fortunate. Hehehehehe

      *Happy Days*

      Randy

      > This is a pretty uncomfortable thought considering I just re-
      > mortgaged my house, and I haven't got a THING to wear for Doomsday!!!

      Very true! In fact, I've often thought about this very thing in the
      context of "Why do bad things happen to good people," question. I mean,
      the fact that an entire galaxy can be screwed up by one violent
      Supernova, one might ask, "Why do bad things happen to good galaxies?"
      Most religions are completely Earth-centric. I ask, why would God be so
      concerned about this one speck of dust in a universe (or multiverse) so
      large? The whole damned thing could end before you finish reading this
      email, and one could wonder, "Was it really any loss at all?"

      Prentice

    • Paul Olson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2002
        Well...Now that brings up a question about Mega gammabursts...thought to be when 2 Plusar or Nuetron Stars collide.....there was such an explosion in the mid 60's I believe......the event occurred 2 billion years ago and took that long for the energy to reach us here on earth.....even with dispersal happenning for that long, the energy knocked out a lot of radio and ionized a large part of earths atmosphere....

        If the explosion had ocurred even in the Andromeda Galaxy which is only 2.5 Million Light years away, it would have killed everything on earth.....we were lucky!

        I mentioned this to a friend, an eckist in fact, and he mused "God Paul, ..You mean too tell me that I may have already been killed in an explosiuon that happened 2 1/2 million years ago in another Galaxy?.." I made his day!

        I am certainly no expert on this subject but the concept fascinates me.
        Sword
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2002
          So True Prentiss.....

          Part of the reason I keep posting astronomy stuff is that it is real...it is imperically verifiable.....and it gives a sence of the uniqueness of our REAL world.....and it can give a sence of how miraculous it is that we are able to even comprehend it all....or at least part of it.....I feel it points us back to basics....who we actually are instead of who others tell us we are!.....

          Eckists really need that sence of who they actually are....without the bloated self realization dream clouding their vision. Each moment is so precious.
          Sword
          > Some astrophysicists theorize that the entire universe could blow
          > up at any moment without warning!
          > This is a pretty uncomfortable thought considering I just re-
          > mortgaged my house, and I haven't got a THING to wear for Doomsday!!!

          Very true! In fact, I've often thought about this very thing in the
          context of "Why do bad things happen to good people," question. I mean,
          the fact that an entire galaxy can be screwed up by one violent
          Supernova, one might ask, "Why do bad things happen to good galaxies?"
          Most religions are completely Earth-centric. I ask, why would God be so
          concerned about this one speck of dust in a universe (or multiverse) so
          large? The whole damned thing could end before you finish reading this
          email, and one could wonder, "Was it really any loss at all?"

          Prentice

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor