Re: resas pieces ..."I Remember"

  • bhutaz01
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 6, 2001
      --- In eckankartruth@y..., "mahavahana" <mahavahana@y...> wrote:

      > I also agree with you about seeing the changes that take place when
      > someone is promoted to the HI category. Pretty dramatic! I recall
      > one couple who were great friends and very spontaneous, funny
      people,
      > change overnight into stiff characters.
      >
      > One good thing about leaving eckankar: the longer you're out, the
      > more you appreciate your good fortune in being out.

      I'm think about how I used to be before I joined eck. I was
      spotaneous and liked to take a challenge. Then I got caught up in
      all of this eck stuff. Thinking nothing but eck.
      I'm telling you since I stopped. I become more creative again. Now
      I just have to get back my old friends who were really great people
      who I stopped talking to when I join eck. I used to laugh with them
      so much. I felt they were not on the same level as me and that they
      were just Kal influences. How horrible.
      and eck goes on telling you that after a year in eck you wont know
      who you were and you wont look back. They said the people you knew
      wont be around and your life will change. I remember all that talk!
      What crap. I can't belive I fell for it! Luckly i regained my
      senses!
      Bhutaz
    • colleenmft
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
        The action seems to be here at eckankartruth, so I'm joining in.

        Vic, you've really had an objective view of what we must have looked
        like to others. I think about the way in which I judged my extended
        family members while in the cult, and I'm sorry for it..especially in
        regards to my great aunt who was so helpful to me all my life and who
        left this world 9 years ago. I know it must have been extremely
        difficult for her to experience the change of personality in me
        during the eckankar years. Yes, the smile you describe is on all
        cultists...disgusting, isn't it? Especially when you realize we
        assumed it at one time or another. The holier-than-thou attitude we
        ignorantly accepted from the "Godman" put us as far away from leading
        a true spiritual life as we could get! Well, in fairness, eckankar
        did open the doors to me of spiritual truths....from what Twitchell
        drew from various spiritual disciplines. That, I appreciate.

        Colleen

        > While I'm on a rampage, what's the deal with HIs,
        > RESAs and pizzas? Can people get more of a
        > "holier-than thou" attitude? How about referring to
        > HIs as "priests," "ministers" and "clergy"? What a
        > disgrace! Being out of eckankar, I fully understand
        > those strange and fearful stares eckists get from
        > their family members and members of the public as they
        > sing Hu, wear this stupid smile as if they know the
        > meaning of life that no one else has the honor to
        > know, and as they espouse some ridiculous bullshit
        > that is some eclectic semblance of verbal and
        > conceptual rubbish.

        > http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • colleenmft
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
          Steffan,
          Thankfully, I don't remember "higher initiates" having the arrogant
          and totally fanatical beliefs that you describe and that I see on
          a.r.e. In the early days, we were fresh, I guess, and idealistic.
          Although the self-importance was there, thanks to Twich's deliberate
          tactic to flatter and entrap via the initiates concept, we didn't
          have the dead feeling I get from current "clergy." They seem like
          dried up, power-hungry kings from another time. And I never heard or
          experienced the kind of introduction you described during my days as
          a resas pieces.... Thank God!!!!

          Colleen

          --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Steve" <steffan_z@h...> wrote:
          > --- In eckankartruth@y..., Vic Shayne <vicshayne@y...> wrote:
          > > ...While I'm on a rampage, what's the deal with HIs,
          > > RESAs and pizzas? Can people get more of a
          > > "holier-than thou" attitude? How about referring to
          > > HIs as "priests," "ministers" and "clergy"? What a
          > > disgrace!...
          >

          > I've always found the conception of a so called "enlightened" high
          > initiate hard to swallow. It is an embarrassment, as you say.
          > Twitchell knew of how easy it was for a human to be influenced with
          > rewards to the ego. This worked all too well with his ominous plans
          > for his cult Eckankar.
          >
          > Behold, a common place in Eckankar is the high initiate with an
          > impervious, self-righteous attitude about himself. I remember when
          > fellow cult member introduced himself to me. He starts out as "I am
          > Clergyman, I am Shraddha, initiate of the Sixth Circle, a leader of
          > the community, a leader of this...an officer of that... and so
          > on..."
          > Excuse me while I throw up! How arrogant can you get? I suppose the
          > tremendous enlightened level of attainment has given the ever so
          > faithful and power hungry H.I. some kind of spiritual sanctified
          > justification in their pea minds to act as they so desire because
          it
          > is approved by the almighty Sugmad and after all, they are "God
          > realized" people now!
          >

          > Steve
        • steffan_z
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
            Colleen –
            Thank you for your response. I do have to clear up something you
            said though. I didn't see how what I said about the high initiates
            that I've met and them sounding "totally fanatical". Granted many of
            the a.r.e. eckies are so persistent in their unsatisfactory behavior
            and one-sided views that the word "fanatical" could describe them
            easily. But, in comparison with the a.r.e. eckies, the high
            initiates or clergy that I spoke of do not fit into the same
            category as them. The a.r.e. eckies have their own distinctions that
            often people are left wondering how they became this way and act as
            they do. They are consistent with their mannerisms that you could
            expect this just about every time the a.r.e. site is visited. This
            would be unlike the high initiates that I have made acquaintance
            too.

            Many of the high initiates that I describe are still quite
            unsatisfactory to me with their pompous demeanors. They are
            persistent in belief as well. There have been high initiates that I
            have met that, while still having this persistent, brainwashed
            belief, they do not show the arrogance and bad behaviors as some
            others. Maybe my descriptive words sometimes give off a different
            meaning to some people. I want to express clear and truthful
            comments when I post anywhere.

            Thanks,

            Steve

          • colleenmft
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 10, 2001
              Steve,

              I'm not sure where the confusion was, but thanks for wanting to clear
              it up....I'm in agreement with what you've stated.

              Colleen