Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 65

  • rc1tn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      Thank-you Tarryrob for your compliments. Although I had read eckankar
      material for 11 years and had been a member for only eight of those years. I
      since learned how my subconscious is as a hard drive of a computer and my
      consious mind has the other hardware (R.A.M.) and software for running "hard
      drive applications". I find it interesting that the computer programmers use
      an install/unistall "wizard" for developing a usable computer.
      Each Soul is in fact a Wizard of divine birthright. Just as the knight in
      shining armour would slay the dragon (id or lower ego) that attempts to slay
      the compassionate attribute (feminine, nurturing yin) of the divine Self, so
      too must each wizard slay the lower ego's influence in hir life. But does
      the computer, keyboardist also in a way symbolize the creative process of an
      individual ?
      In a way computer scientist have developed computers to function as an
      "artificial mind". The keyboardist uses the applications of certain folders
      and files to activate certain programns. But consider if you will the
      "wizard", the wizard is a programn for deleting or installing new files of
      information into folders. As with a computer each of us according to our
      time, usually years of cult indoctrination have many folders in our
      "harddrive" that have several files within each folder. It is a long time
      consuming process but as you uninstall/delete each file, in time you will
      delete the folder that has contained all those files of the same theme but
      each file is unique due to a changed perception you had each time you
      restudied a certain cult teaching. This process of deleting cult programns
      may take years for most, months for others. Prayer may help, simply because
      prayer can also cause a focus of correct intent energy(ies) for the purpose
      of deleting hardened, deeply ingrained programming. Intent prayer can cause
      an incredible increase in one's willpower for success.
      I need to scoot. I have a busy day ahead of me.
      May God bless.
      Randy

    • tarryrob@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        -Hi Randy!
        Thanks for expanding on your theories. I really liked the computer
        analogy and the wizard concept as vehicles for thinking about
        de/reprogramming. I didn't mind the Freudian spin (id/ego)since I'm a
        fan of Carl Jung (someone else Twitch ripped off especially in Eck
        Ynari). A fella by the name of Dr. Maxwell Maltz wrote a book on
        subject called Psychocybernetics back in the late 1950's that did
        some interesting rudimentary research on mind functioning like a
        computer. Worth a look if you're not familiar with him. The rhetoric
        in your posts indicate a lot of varied spiritual interests - do have
        any particular favs since leaving the cult?? Keep up the posts!

        tarryrob