Re: mindfields

  • tarryrob@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001
      Dear Randy:
      You shared some very interesting techniques in your response. I also
      appreciated the poem in your last post. It verbalized poignantly
      how wounded many former eckists are by these so called "enlightened"
      and "tolerant" cultists and, in some cases, former "friends." In your
      most recent post you said:

      I had to find a way to help me
      > deprogramn myself.I did not start until about 6 months ago.
      > The first thing I done was to change sanskrit organization words to
      > general words.So if I caught myself thinking or saying eck,I would
      > immediately think or say "change that with Spirit".SantMat uses
      > Anami as the nameless,formless SupremeOne so it does not bother me
      to use Anami. But I no longer use the other words. I also visualize
      > deleting ick programns from my mind just as my computer uninstall
      > wizard does. I imagine a file paper being ejected from my mind and
      > sent across the screen of my imagination and the file paper
      > defragments/disintergrates into the ethers. I am mindful to catch
      > myself dwelling on Twit cultish crap and undoing and then redoing
      the energy thought stream....

      I too have just recently starting deprogramming myself. I allowed my
      membership to lapse in 1998 but didn't officially resign until
      Jan/01. Left to my own devices, I stopped using eck terminology and
      chants altogether. I did continue to use some meditation and imagery
      techniques that I learned in a university study awareness course and
      from intergral yoga. I really interested your replacement/imagery
      excercise for deprogramming/reprogramming Twitch BS. It sounds a bit
      like a NLP (neurolinguistic programming) technique. I also liked your
      yardstick for measuring which ick terms to continue using (ie anami).
      I appreciated the legitimate eastern mysticism that Twitch
      employed/ripped-off, but found it can be a slippery slope using the
      terminology/techniques because they still tend to re-trigger the eck
      "virus." I'd be interested in any other techniques that you've
      developed and also sources that you've found useful in developing
      these excercises. Keep up the great posts Randy!

      tarryrob