Re: the day I left Eckankar

  • sensei5555@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
      Paul,
      Judo,Ju jitsu and Sword arts(Iaido and Kendo

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

    • Paul Olson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        Fantastic.....I know a bit about the Broadsword.....like the dragon, it can have 2 heads....a thing of great art and beauty, and a thing of great terror! It can save life and take life! Taming the dragon is an illusive thing for me....temporal...These arts can show us a lot of hidden individuality and personal growth if approached with respect and genuine curiosity....oh well....guess this doesn't have a lot to do with eckankar so I'll stop here......

        I;ve enjoyed your posts here
        Paul
        Judo,Ju jitsu and Sword arts(Iaido and Kendo

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

      • Vic Shayne
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
          To all the ex-eckists who may be down on yourself.
          Much expression has been made about feeling stupid
          regarding the years spent in eckankar. Yes, I too felt
          like a fool for having spent valuable years of my life
          trying to figure out the meaning to life
          eckankar-style. Then I was kicking myself for being
          stupid enough to have ignored all of my common sense
          in recognizing the obvious (obvious now in retrospect,
          of course) contradictions, lies and fraud.

          But now we can all say to ourselves: Been there, done
          that! the next time the next one comes along. There is
          a formula for cults that is now easy to see. They all
          carry the same design: a spiritual leader with a
          direct connection to God, secret words that are
          excluded from "outside" terminology, secret teachings,
          and on and on.

          So be happy that you will not be fooled again: this is
          worth a lot. Be happy in this hard-found wisdom!

          http://personals.yahoo.com