Re: [eckankartruth] Re: the day I left Eckankar

  • Paul Olson
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2001
      May I ask what you teach? I did a web site about my T'ai Chi as so many people thought of this as a martial art and didn't see the subtle inner stuff that goes on with it....
      Personally, I dabble in Yang style TCC, Solo and Sword Forms......
      Paul
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        Paul,
        Judo,Ju jitsu and Sword arts(Iaido and Kendo

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

      • Paul Olson
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
          Fantastic.....I know a bit about the Broadsword.....like the dragon, it can have 2 heads....a thing of great art and beauty, and a thing of great terror! It can save life and take life! Taming the dragon is an illusive thing for me....temporal...These arts can show us a lot of hidden individuality and personal growth if approached with respect and genuine curiosity....oh well....guess this doesn't have a lot to do with eckankar so I'll stop here......

          I;ve enjoyed your posts here
          Paul
          Judo,Ju jitsu and Sword arts(Iaido and Kendo

          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > Service.

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.

        • Vic Shayne
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
            To all the ex-eckists who may be down on yourself.
            Much expression has been made about feeling stupid
            regarding the years spent in eckankar. Yes, I too felt
            like a fool for having spent valuable years of my life
            trying to figure out the meaning to life
            eckankar-style. Then I was kicking myself for being
            stupid enough to have ignored all of my common sense
            in recognizing the obvious (obvious now in retrospect,
            of course) contradictions, lies and fraud.

            But now we can all say to ourselves: Been there, done
            that! the next time the next one comes along. There is
            a formula for cults that is now easy to see. They all
            carry the same design: a spiritual leader with a
            direct connection to God, secret words that are
            excluded from "outside" terminology, secret teachings,
            and on and on.

            So be happy that you will not be fooled again: this is
            worth a lot. Be happy in this hard-found wisdom!

            http://personals.yahoo.com