8499Fw: "We Met" For Our High Demand or Cult Recovery Interactive Website Project

    Dec 9, 2013
      Please see below...hope maybe some of you may be able to help!!

      When I left, David Lane's webpages were just about the only resource on the internet for those leaving ekult.  I've been out since '98-99 so I rarely even think about it any more, but back then I found some very helpful resources on the internet - mostly the late & much-missed Jan Groenveld's website & mailing list.

      I'm happy to see that Colleen is still actively helping former cult members.  I don't think about it much anymore, and I'm busy with the grand & great-grandkids, and just waking up in the morning and getting thru another day.  <gg>

      So, if anyone out there could possibly contribute anything, I know it will be appreciated!!  I don't know how I would have done it without David Lane, Jan Groenveld, and a few others who saw what was happening as I left the cult very publicly on alt.religion.eckankar, and wrote to me and helped me so much.

      I don't even think about it too often anymore, but it still gives me the creeps when I do, and when I think about poor innocent people who might be sucked in by ekult's bullshit.  I get really creeped out, every so often I'll see a TV ad for ekult - hopefully they're losing money on those ads!!!!!

      Anyway, my best wishes to everyone!!

      Love & Hugs,

      Sharon

      On Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:12 PM, Colleen Russell <crussellmft@...> wrote:

      Season’s Greetings, Sharon…

      Candace O’Bryan, a bright accomplished and genuine person who was raised in a high demand group, asked for my help with an interactive website project targeting former members, those raised in high demand groups or cults, and families of someone currently involved.  She will complete it for her Master’s thesis.  As we go forward with this project, I wanted to see if you are interested in contributing any ideas or writing for it.  We would be grateful for any help you can offer.

      Regards,
      Colleen

      Colleen Russell, LMFT, CGP
      San Anselmo, San Francisco, Forest Knolls in the SF Bay Area
      Working with individuals, couples, families, and groups
      415-785-3513

      Inline image 1

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic