8479don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

  • execkist12345
    Mar 12, 2013
      I left Eckankar 10 years ago. I realized what it was (a cult) and nothing bad happened to me when I left. No, the "mahanta" did not "hand me back" all the terrible Karma he supposedly took from me to "help me". In fact, I landed a wonderful high paying job, built a beautiful new house on 5 wooded acres overlooking a beautiful brook, fell in love, got married, got a whole new bunch of friends, my daughter became a naturopathic doctor and I have a beautiful 2 year old grandson living nearby, my son opened his own graphic design agency earning over 2 million in revenue.....um, am I missing anything? oh, yeah, I'm living happily ever after. I am fifty five years old. I have lived a wonderful life. If anything "bad" happens to me at this point, I will laugh about it all with God when I see "him/her" (eventually). But honestly, don't be afraid to leave Eckankar. You know you are in a cult when you are afraid what will happen to you if you leave. I can only tell you, God still loves me, and takes care of me, and I am happy. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. There are as many paths to God, as there are people. The only true path to God, is your own, whatever that is.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic