8446Re: A Possible Eckspawn?

  • burton_latimer
    Dec 25, 2012
      David,

      Pay no attention to this Tricia McCannon woman and her syncretic blend of science, archaeology, history and religion.

      The missing years of JESUS have been revealed by a modern day prophet and posted to YOUTUBE: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ1LC7AotNE</a>

      Jesus The Missing Years
      ©John Prine

      (spoken)
      Jesus.... the missing years

      It was raining. It was cold
      West Bethlehem was no place for a twelve year old
      So he packed his bags and he headed out
      To find out what the world's about
      He went to France. He went to Spain
      He found love. He found pain.
      He found stores so he started to shop
      But he had no money so he got in trouble with a cop
      Kids in trouble with the cops
      From Israel didn't have no home
      So he cut his hair and moved to Rome
      It was there he met his Irish bride
      And they rented a flat on the lower east side of Rome...
      Italy that is
      Music publishers, book binders, Bible belters, Money Changers,
      Spoon Benders and lots of pretty Italian chicks.

      Chorus:
      Charley bought some popcorn
      Billy bought a car
      Someone almost bought the farm
      But they didn't go that far
      Things shut down at midnight
      At least around here they do
      Cause we all reside down the block
      Inside at ....23 Skidoo.

      Wine was flowing so were beers
      So Jesus found his missing years
      So He went to a dance and said "This don't move me"
      He hiked up his pants and he went to a movie
      On his thirteenth birthday he saw "Rebel without a Cause"
      He went straight on home and invented Santa Claus
      Who gave him a gift and he responded in kind
      He gave the gift of love and went out of his mind
      You see him and the wife wasn't getting along
      So he took out his guitar and he wrote a song
      Called "The Dove of Love Fell Off the Perch"
      But he couldn't get divorced in the Catholic Church
      At least not back then anyhow
      Jesus was a good guy he didn't need this shit
      So he took a pill with a bag of peanuts and
      A Coca-Cola and he swallowed it.
      He discovered the Beatles
      And he recorded with the Stones
      Once He even opened up a three-way package
      In Southern California for old George Jones

      Repeat Chorus:

      The years went by like sweet little days
      With babies crying pork chops and beaujolais
      When he woke up he was seventeen
      The world was angry. The world was mean.
      Why the man down the street and the kid on the stoop
      All agreed that life stank. All the world smelled like poop
      Baby poop that is ..the worst kind
      So he grew his hair long and threw away his comb
      And headed back to Jerusalem to find Mom, Dad and home
      But when he got there the cupboard was bare
      Except for an old black man with a fishing rod
      He said "Whatcha gonna be when you grow up?"
      Jesus said "God"
      Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?
      I'm a human corkscrew and all my wine is blood
      They're gonna kill me Mama. They don't like me Bud.
      So Jesus went to Heaven and he went there awful quick
      All them people killed him and he wasn't even sick
      So come and gather around me my contemporary peers
      And I'll tell you all the story of
      Jesus...The Missing Years

      Repeat Chorus:

      We all reside down the block
      Inside at ....23 Skidoo.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, David Osborn <panfluteman2000@...> wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > I was recently very much attracted repeatedly to a certain book I found in a favorite bookstore of mine in Tucson, so I bought it.  It was entitled, Jesus: The Explosive Story of the 30 Lost Years and the Ancient Mystery Religions, and the author was Tricia McCannon.  In her bio, which is at the back of the book, she lists, as part of her spiritual background and paths that she has studied, "the Shabda teachings of the Masters of the Far East", in addition to things like goddess teachings, Native American Wisdom, and mystical Christianity.
      >
      > Anyway, in one of the first chapters in the book, when she is dropping a few names of various spiritual masters, amongst mentions of the Great White Brotherhood and Koot Hoomi of Theosophical fame, she speaks of the Vairagi Masters, as well as names like Rebazar Tarzs and Yaubl Sacabi.  Especially from those last two names, I felt that it was a dead giveaway that she had been previously involved in Eckankar in her past life (or a previous incarnation).  So, I find her email address online, and send her an email saying that it seems like our spiritual paths have crossed before...  Have you ever studied a teaching called Eckankar?
      >
      > Anyway, It has been several weeks more than a month, probably almost two months now, since I wrote her that email, and I haven't heard from her at all.  Anyway, it seems after reading about half of her big fat 400-some-odd page book ( I couldn't get all the way through it) that she connects Jesus with just about every possible mystical sect and group that was floating around in his day - not only the Essenes, but also the Celts and Druids, the Egyptian mystery schools, Zoroastrianism and Mithraism, etc...  that this book is mainly an overblown, glorified introduction to some Mystery School correspondence courses that she is offering.  She dubs herself "The Mysteries Expert" and says on her website, I believe it is www.triciamccannonspeaks.com , that she is resurrecting the ancient Mysteries through a modern day Mystery School.
      >
      > Anyway, does anyone in this group have any further knowledge or experience of this lady, Tricia McCannon, or has anyone in this group done any further research on her and what she is offering?  Or how she operates, and what her exact level of knowledge, expertise and integrity is - or her real background, for that matter, should it be any different than what she claims?  Is she merely trying to start her own Eckspawn group, with a few other exotic things woven into the tapestry?  Please advise!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > David O.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic