8290Re: Progress after Eckankar -+

  • Non
    Jun 9, 2012
      I wish I could accept, and I suppose I do at some level, but I keep running into too many people espousing their NEW AGE RELIGION beliefs that sound a lot like ekanakar. Some tell you in casual conversation that they have changed their DNA with their thoughts and are reversing the aging process completely. They claim to have done this by erasing all negative feelings by forgiveness, and yet they are quite irritated with you for asking questions or not agreeing with them 100%. And there are other off shoots from Scientology like Access Consciousness and Infinite Abundance going on about how they use this or that technique to achieve all of their dreams or some trick in speech such as saying over and over again in the face of adversity, "how can it get any better" with supposed unbelievable results. Or that ALL prayers are answered by God before you even pray. To me this is not just unrealistic, but can be dangerous magical thinking.

      Some say that they must disengage from all negative energy from others who are dragging them down by doing stupid imaginary mental gyrations. There doesn't seem to be much about compassion or even good will toward others. It's all about getting as much wealth as possible and only feeling up at all times. There is no spontaneity or freedom as far as feelings and your mind, just a lot of repression, and often they seem kind of grumpy, unless you have paid money for their psych services or the seminar you are attending. It's all a Con. Ekankar is worse because they do all of the same stuff except with even more of the KULT like dogma and the hierarchy of the living eck master/mahanta.

      At the same time I have been there myself in the past and my take on it is that there is a lot of self-hating going on with people who don't want to accept their human limitations. Why else do they become so defensive with those who question their grandiose beliefs?

      noneckster ; )

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "violinmike2002" <violinmike2002@...> wrote:

      > I spend little time thinking about Eckankar now.
      >
      > I guess I reached mostly the level of acceptance in the stages of
      > grief.
      > To focus on revisiting it risks giving it more power then it
      > deserves.
      >
      > Its very valuable to know the risks of not being a skeptic
      > and not understanding how the mind will create a blue light and
      > a master framework if you work hard enough at it.
      > It really didn't screw me up that badly. Heck I never
      > even sprung for the journey to Chanhassen. Babblezone by bus.
      >
      > It was like a love that turned out to be false.
      >
      > Heres Jane Siberrys the False false fly a traditional ballad
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mT8rPfiGVQ
      >
      > O and where are you going?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "I am going to my school"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "O what have you in your bag?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "Me bread and me books"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "Will you come along with me?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "No, I won"t come with you"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "I will give you a ball"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "Ah but you"d be Lord of all"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "What is rounder than a ball?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "The earth is rounder than a ball"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "What is higher than the sky?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "Heaven is higher than the sky"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > "What is deeper than the sea?"
      >
      > Said the False False Fly
      >
      > To the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "Hell is deeper than the sea"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child
      >
      > She was only but seven years old
      >
      > Then he flew away in flames
      >
      > Did the False False Fly
      >
      > From the lovely little child on the road
      >
      > "'Twas the Devil in disguise
      >
      > Was the False False Fly"
      >
      > Said the lovely little child on the road

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic