8225Re: Ola !!!

  • harrisonferrel
    Dec 17, 2011
      Too bad about your relationship.

      Regarding some of the things you said, I don't think they are on the mark. Eckankar does take a lot from other religions, but most of it is just plain fabricated and makes no sense and has no historical basis. The god they pray to is called Sugmad, not HU. Hu is a sound that was written about by a Sufi poet named Inayat Kahn and the description about Hu was plagiarized from Kahn's book, word for word, by Paul Twitchell, the founder of the eckankar cult.

      No doubt eckankar is a cult and its members are brainwashed to varying degrees.

      On the other hand, I can hardly defend religion as being much better. Wherein Judaism is based on ancient tribalism and its "story" is based in the history of a people, Christianity is hardly provable at all and is highly politicized. The history of Christianity is replete with political underpinnings.

      However, if religion makes you happy, then have a good time with your practice as long as you're not hurting anyone. And certainly, the Catholic Church does indeed hurt a lot of people, chief of which is their lack of action or care regarding the sexual abuse of children.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "chemtrail_sun" <chemtrail_sun@...> wrote:

      > Hello,my Name is Jayson,I have just had my girlfriend of 4 yr.s break up with me as fast as one can shut a door on someones face!I'm having a very hard time getting over this break-up seeking some type of closure. She has been a practicing Eckist for I'd say almost 30 years according to when she said she found a eck book in a used book store. I myself was raised Catholic,and have just recently started to attend weekly services again.It seemed to me from things she said,and attending worship services once a month, and other eck functions.(I also scanned Eckankar books and materials) Anyway it seems to me that Eckankar takes the best parts of all religions,and try's to make their own new one religion with the best parts of all the others!There is no punishment for sins,or misdeeds to others! Very appealing to say the least! Just karma to have to deal with for punishment in past,present,and future lives! No charity work either!The God they pray to is a sound called the HU,and the light of God!If anyone would like to elaborate or converse with me on anything I just have written. Please feel free to do so! (To be continued...???)

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic