8150Re: Unscrambling the pieces

  • etznab18
    Sep 16, 2011
      Alf,

      I wrote a response just today, but shortly afterward learned that it was undeliverable. The reason was that my Yahoo account was bouncing e-mails again! I have to admit, I've never seen so much bouncing than I have in this past year. Something is causing this, but I don't know what.

      Maybe I'll retrieve copy & paste the original message when there is time, but not going to spend any more time on e-mail right now.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Etznab,
      >
      > You claim to be an Eckist but challenge many of the beliefs. You seem to sit on the fence and bring up the age old a.r.e. arguments regarding Paul's birthday; his whereabouts as a child; Steiger's book, plagiarism etc. Have you perused the early years or a.r.e? Have you read David Lane's expose'? I would think by now you would have caught on that this so-called spiritual path has been sufficiently debunked and laid to rest for all but the few followers left.
      > If you ARE an Eckist, what exactly is in it for you? What kind of spiritual nourishment do you receive in spite of all the overwhelming evidence that Twitchell was a liar?
      > I would never deny you the right to believe in whatever you want but of all the religions and cults I have studied over the past several decades, this is the one that is blatantly lacking in any truthful sources or spiritual value...IMHO.
      >
      > Alf
      >

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "etznab18" <etznab@> wrote:
      > >
      > > [alt.religion.eckankar repost - 09/04/11]
      > >
      > > Unscrambling the Pieces
      > >
      > > Paul loved his privacy. Early in his youth he was involved in a
      > > variety of activities, but he made it a point to obscure any facts
      > > associated with his life. In so doing, he left a trail so clouded that
      > > it's going to take our historians years to piece it together. [....]
      > >
      > > http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Peddar/hisStory.html
      > >
      > > You don't say? On the same page, the paragraph above read:
      > >
      > > There are several different versions of the date Paul was born into
      > > this life. One person I talked to said the Twitchell family Bible
      > > recorded the year as 1910; another person, who also told me he'd seen
      > > the family Bible, said Paul's birthdate was shown as 1908. It's
      > > amazing how certain each person was that he knew the truth. Each one
      > > claimed to have seen it with his own eyes. So by some accounts, he was
      > > born on October 23, 1908 or 1910, while other accounts give the date
      > > as October 22.
      > >
      > > http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Peddar/hisStory.html
      > >
      > > How about 1909? Based on the Kentucky Census (believed conducted in
      > > the spring)of 1910 suggesting that Paul was 6 months old?
      > >
      > > OK. Why does this stuff even matter? Perhap's it's all about
      > > unscrambling the pieces and determining fact from fiction.
      > >
      > > Researching the lineage of Eck Masters, or when Paul Twitchell came to
      > > contact an Eck Master, one is naturally drawn to the mid 1930's
      > >
      > > "Paul first met Rebazar Tarzs in 1951 in the foothills of the
      > > Himalayas near Darjeeling. Before that on his first trip to India in
      > > 1935, he met Sudar Singh. We are still looking for information on
      > > Sudar Singh. We have gotten a lot of reports about an individual named
      > > Sundar Singh, who is not the same person at all.
      > >
      > > "Somebody asked Paul why he didn't simply look into the ECK-Vidya
      > > whenever he needed to know something. He said he didn't want to take
> [...]
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic