7675Re: My new "58 Past Lives" message board

  • jonathanjohns96
    Apr 1, 2010
      Leaf,

      It's OK that you expressed your opinion, and I wasn't offended. I know about the variety of individuals who have left Eckankar and who are now posting on this message board. They have vastly different beliefs and therefore vastly different opinions. I'm not asking people to agree with me.

      I didn't really even want to link to my message board here, but the subject kinda came up, and I know that getting into a detailed discussion about past lives here would be unwelcome by a lot of the members of this board.

      Ditto with inner experiences with "masters." But Ford Johnson initially planned to publish Graham Forsyth's diary/journal as a separate book, and many former Eckists have since commented on the Internet that they were disappointed, so I assume there is some interest in the subject. Therefore, I made the link.

      Jonathan

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater" <tianyue@...> wrote:

      > Hmmm. Phil Morimitsu claims to remember all of his past lives, and if we were to believe many of those lives, as reported in his writings, we would have to accept them as confirmation that the eck masters are real, thus serving to validate eckankar. If a person has past life recall with eck masters, something is very, very wrong with that persons ability to tell the difference between a real experience and imagination.
      >
      > Naturally, since we know eckankar is based on fictional masters and a fictional history, and therefore didn't exist in Morimitsu's past lives, we know that Morimitsu's recollections are a figment of his vivid imagination.
      >
      > So... a little critical thinking can go a long way in these matters. I'm not saying you didn't have these experiences, but I would advise ex-eckists to apply at least a small degree of skepticism toward anyone, no matter how well meaning, when they make claims that so often turn out to be less than reliable. That's the big lesson taken away from having been in eckankar.
      >
      > I've read all the books you're referencing, and they did help with my transition away from eckankar years ago, but I would not take everything those writers claim as gospel, anymore than I would take the claims of Twitchell or Klemp as gospel. In fact, there is one flaw in one of the books you mention that makes me question the reliability of the statements.
      >
      > This is an ex-eckankar forum, and many of us feel as if we were scammed, so it is natural for a lot of us to be more skeptical and to use a more refined degree of assessing the reliability of such claims. If we didn't do this, we would not have learned anything from our experience in eckankar.
      >
      > I'm really trying not to offend you, but I think this needs to be said, considering the nature of this forum.
      >
      > Speaking for myself only,
      >
      > Leaf
      >
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thomas,
      > >
      > > Thank you for your post. It meant a lot to me.
      > >
      > > I read both of Michael's books, but not Brian's book.
      > >

      > > From Thomas' post "Were you able to determine if some persons in your present life are also part of your Soul Group?"
      > > Jonathan "I don't have any specific information about my Soul Group, but I believe that it exists. I never had the Life Between Life regression."
      > >
      > > From Thomas' post "Also, anything else such as meeting with your spiritual guide, meeting with the Council of Elders for a life review, and finding out your Incarnation Plan?"
      > > Jonathan "I never had the Life Between Life regression. It's a special, very long past life regression. It is not a standard past life regression"
      > >

      > > Jonathan: But I did have a lot of interesting inner experiences. And I did have ten past life regressions. Your math for how far back my past lives go won't add up for me because I live more than one lifetime at a time.

> [...]
    • Show all 41 messages in this topic