7149Re: Help Help (Flute plagiarism)

    Apr 11, 2009
      Just killing some time here, so I searched ET's messages for "flute", here's a copy of an Amazon review mentioned in an older message here. Hope I'm not duplicating your efforts, but if so, others might find this interesting:

      2 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
      1.0 out of 5 stars Borrowed thinking, March 11, 2006
      By Ennis Cornelia (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
      Plagiarism is rampant in most, if not all, of Twitchell's writing, this volume is no exception. Compare the contents of this book with Thomas Troward's THE DORE LECTURES ON MENTAL SCIENCE. Troward's book can be found here on Amazon or downloaded for free from: http://websyte.com/unity/dore.htm. You would be better off getting the information form the original source, the presentation is more comprehensive, and is not marred by any lack of integrity.

      Message 1526 here: "Try 'the flute of god'. One of my favourite paragraphs in the book I later
      found in William James' 'The Varieties of Religious Experience' . All
      Twitch had done was replace the term 'higher powers' with 'God'."

      ---------------------------

      I'm sure you've already seen info about how the Twitchster redacted names originally published in Orion for re-publishing in "Flute of God".

      Have you checked out Ford Johnson's websites? Nothing really new in his book other than his personal ecksperience, but he has (or had) a lot of scanned documents at one of his websites. Also, he used a lot of citations that might make it easier for you to track down the info. There might be a copy of his book in the files here, I don't remember, but I'm 99% sure there's one in the files (or links) at ESA.

      Oh - I believe Doug Marman may have previously undocumented plagiarism in his ebook "The Whole Truth", but he's so slimy and disgusting, which I first learned as an eckist in the EckGestapo (group of online eckists), just the thought of his name makes me want to vomit, I have no desire to expose myself to his slick manipulations & rationalizations, especially if I've got to pay for them. Years ago, Klemp had a special committee to find & document the plagiarism, so ekult's vaults (like the Vatican's! <gg>) would probably be the best place to find the most "truth", Marman had access to them, hard to tell what's in his book though. My personal belief is that ekult didn't publish the book because there are still many eckists who are *not* aware of the plagiarism and other issues, and MN would prefer to keep as many people in the dark for as long as possible.

      Okay, that's enough "goofing off" here, back to the laundry!!

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "whitemoby22" <whitemoby22@...> wrote:

      > I am currently researching "The Flute of God". I am looking for specific examples of plagarism in this book. I have been able to find books which likely served as source for Twitchell, but I am having trouble locating specific examples of plagarism.
      >
      > There is a site online which cites specific plagarism, but these passages refer mostly to "The Far Country."
      >
      > I know many of you are quite well read. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
      >
      > Thanks...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic