6995Re: Just joined this group.

    Jun 27, 2008
      Welcome, Queen!

      You've probably noticed there's not much activity here anymore. I'm
      sure everyone's like me, just happily enjoying life out of ekult and
      not that interested anymore. I think I've said/typed just about
      everything I can think of, multiple times. And I'm sure other
      previously prolific posters feel the same.

      Not sure about everyone else, but I know I'm certainly
      not "searching" anymore. I'm quite content *not* "knowing" and just
      lightly speculating on an infinite number of interesting
      possibilities.

      Anyway, while I'm here, someone sent me this link recently:
      http://www.underground-railroad.biz/psychicenergytransfer.html

      I think the bit at the end about parasitic "masters" is *so* true,
      I've come to believe most definitely that ekult's true nature is
      dark and evil, like a big nasty astral beast sucking the genuine
      energies from its befogged members, and giving back the illusion of
      inflow of "Spirit".

      And, right down below is an excerpt from Peter McWilliams' "Life
      102: What To Do When Your Guru Sues You". This passage does an
      excellent job of telling what ekult & all those other groups do.

      Gotta go, have a great day, everyone!!

      From Peter McWilliams' "Life 102, What to do when your guru sues you"

      As I previously mentioned, one is encouraged to fall asleep while
      listening to John-Roger's seminars. One is also encouraged to play a
      seminar tape at bedtime while going to sleep. All of this allows for
      more successful "soul travel"--and, of course, more successful
      subliminal programming.

      John-Roger is well aware of this: "While your conscious mind is at
      rest,
      during the sleep state;" he writes in the MSIA Handbook for
      Ministers of
      Light, "it will not question or block the spiritual action." The
      conscious mind "will not question or block" John-Roger's
      programming,
      either.

      When one is consciously listening to his seminar, one is encouraged
      "ignore" all the things that "don't apply to you" and look only for
      the
      "minute or two" during an hour-long seminar that is the message "the
      Traveler specifically has for you." All the other information
      was "for
      somebody else," and should be disregarded. Disregarded, perhaps--but
      the
      information enters the subconscious nonetheless.

      And then there are spiritual exercises. Everyone is
      encouraged--strongly--to do two hours each day of spiritual
      exercises
      (or "s.e.'s"). For two hours, with your eyes closed, you think about
      guess what? Yes: John-Roger. He suggests that you "mock up" his
      image in
      your mind. He suggests that you visualize purple light: the color of
      the
      Traveler. The only time it's okay to open your eyes is to gaze
      lovingly
      at a photograph or painting of him. You can also "chant the sacred
      names
      of God"--gods who are all, you are continually reminded, far
      inferior to
      John-Roger. You can also play meditation tapes, which feature
      John-Roger's voice telling you, essentially, that you should feel
      absolutely terrific because, after all, you were clever enough and
      fortunate enough to discover John-Roger.

      Seminars, combined with Discourses, the worshipful way in which
      John-Roger is treated by believers, the rumors of miracle heaof
      miracle
      healings (the far longer list of failed healings is never
      mentioned),
      John-Roger's demonstrations of his psychic powers (usually
      information
      he gathered surreptitiously combined with a crystal-ball-gazer's
      knack
      of throwing out generalities until the person being "read" awe-fully
      supplies the specific information)--all goes in, seminar after
      seminar,
      Discourse after Discourse, retreat after retreat, year after year.
      (Workshops such as Insight or MSIA retreats can shorten the
      programming
      time c

      At a certain instant, it all comes together. It does not gel or
      harden;
      it crystallizes--one moment it's not together, the next moment it
      is.
      One moment John-Roger is an occasionally interesting guy. The next
      minute he's God. Because it's been planted in your subconscious, the
      realization: "John-Roger is IT!" seems to come from within you. It
      is
      your realization. You had this breakthrough. "Nobody put me up to
      this;
      I discovered it on my own."

      The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie deliberate,
      contrived, and dishonest but the myth persistent, persuasive, and
      unrealistic.
      JOHN F. KENNEDY

      Eureka! All problems are solved. From maternity through senility to
      eternity, J-R is there and will help you--personally--every step of
      the
      way.Footsteps in the Sand, in which the disciple looks back on his
      life
      and notices that when times were easy, there were two pair of
      footsteps
      in the sand and when times were difficult, there was only one pair
      of
      footsteps in the sand. "Why, during the hard parts of my life, did
      you
      desert me?" the seeker asks his master. "I did not desert you," the
      master answers, "Those were the times I carried you." With stories
      such
      as this, John-Roger moves from programming to seduction.> "The
      Mystical
      Traveler will play all the roles in your life" John-Roger proclaims
      in a
      meditation. John-Roger was there at our conception, our birth when
      he
      "pushed us into the body," never leaves us (it is our lack of
      perception, not his lack of presence that causes us to be unaware of
      him), and will be there to "take you from the body" at the moment of
      your death. Conception to crematorium--what service.

      And that's how it works. From that point on, you're hooked. It would
      take a great deal of counterprogramming to unhook you. But that's
      not
      likely to happen. Now that you know that John-Roger is God, and you
      know
      you came to this conclusion on your own, then you willingly take
      part--even seek--more intense, more extreme, more devotional
      programming.

      Just to make sure that no counterprogramming accidentally sneaks in,
      one
      is encouraged to leave behind non-believing friends, husbands,
      wives,
      children, parents, bosses, employees, and anyone else. You are
      encouraged to "chant the names of God"--or chant the name J-R or
      John-Roger--no matter what else you're doing. The exploration of
      other
      groups or practices is severely frowned upon. Recreational
      activities
      such as reading books or watching television are considered
      frivolous.
      "Don't turn on the TVs until you've done your two hours of s.e.'s"
      is a
      common message. As one Devoted to the Light, one should be doing
      significant things: listening to seminar tapes, reading Discourses,
      s.e.'s, and service. And whom does one serve? The Traveler, of
      course.
      How does one serve the Traveler? Either volunteer for one of
      John-Roger's organizations, or go out and make some money and donate
      it
      to one of John-Roger's organizations.

      One should always be wary of someone who promises that their love
      will
      last longer than a weekend.
      QUENTIN CRISP

      All achievements, successes, and personal gains in a devotee's life
      are
      to be attributed to John-Roger. People who took credit for anything
      personally were accused of egocentricity, materialism, and pride.
      The
      teachings of the Movement are clear: the bad in your life is your
      fault,
      the good in your life is John-Roger's gift.

      Over time, most of your friends are Movement friends; your romantic
      relationships are with Movement people (or people who show a strong
      leaning toward the Movement); much of your business is done with
      people
      in the Movement and; beyond your basic needs, all your money is
      spent on
      Movement activities.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "queenrendek"
      <queenrendek@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I was a member of Eckankar for quite a few years in the 70's and
      80's
      > when Darwin was there and after. It was a long time ago but it
      still
      > comes to mind. I believe I joined because I had friends who were
      > members and was searching all my life for a so called "path". I
      went
      > to classes when they had a center in Eagle Rock. The Lavaneri's
      were
      > very active there and I attended meetings that they lead. I even
      set
      > up a little seminar in my own town. I also went to several out of
      town
      > seminars with friends to Las Vegas, Sacramento, Phoenix and
      others.
      > I wanted to belong because I was always searching for a "path" and
      > had friends who were Eckists and they were very convincing. The
      whole
      > experience was not bad really, but I never really "embraced" it,
      > although I think I wanted to.
      >
      > This list appeals to me because I am still "searching" for
      something
      > and maybe I could get further insights from the discussions.
      >
      > Thanks
      > queenrendek

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic