6712Re: Censureship at Eckankar Survivors Anonymous?

  • tomleafeater
    Jul 3, 2007
      Not so fast, Liz. I've checked into my Yahoo groups account, which
      lists the groups I am a member of on Yahoo. The two other ex-eckankar
      groups are still there, but the ESA group has been deleted.

      This, of course, was done by Prometheus when he deleted my
      membership. I'd thought moderated status was different than complete
      deletion of membership.

      In any case, I have NO membership with ESA to edit, so there are
      obviously no membership choices for me to select or deselect.

      So, since my usual email address was banned by him, Yahoo groups
      apparently automatically reverted to my alternate email address which
      is still stored in yahoo groups. It seems to be a quirk in yahoo
      group programming. There is no way for me to change that other than
      re-establishing membership in ESA (sorry, no thanks), or deleting
      from my general yahoo account the alternate address, which I may do.

      Prometheus has as much stated the same thing over at ESA. I accept
      this explanation, and that it was not deliberate on the part of
      Prometheus. Of course, Prometheus' act of completely banning/deleting
      the email address set these events in motion, but I can see that he
      could not have known this would happen. When I last I to ESA, I did
      not notice the automatic reversion back to the other email address.

      Fair enough for you, Liz?

      On this forum, I am so far NOT banned. So here, when you make a
      statement, you get an answer.

      On your group, you have control of the bully pulpit, so you can make
      any statement you want with inpunity.

      No one will answer you if you decide you don't like the answer.

      This is called censureship when you have complete control of what
      gets posted, and can decide how you want to manipulate the
      discussion.

      So I won't be posting on your group. You've become tyrannical in your
      style of managing the group.

      Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

      Leaf

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <ewickings@...>
      wrote:

      > FYI, if a person is really all that concerned about whether a
      > moderator edited or switched a poster's email or address once it
      gets
      > approved, all one has to do is look at the post in question, to the
      > right and below the date it will say: "Show message option". If
      you
      > click the tiny arrow it will expand the area to show: "View
      > Source", "Use Fixed Width Font", or "Unwrap Lines". Click the
      one
      > that says "Show message". It will then open up the post at the
      left
      > of the page, and before the actual message it will show who it is
      > from, return path, Received.... Etc which for most people is hard
      > read let alone understand if you have no clue what you are looking
      > for. Down toward the bottom of all that strange stuff you will see
      > From, Subject, X-Yahoo-Group-Post: public or it might say member,
      if
      > it says public, it means the person sending a post is not a member
      of
      > the group. The last line will show: X-eGroups-Approved-By: either
      > Prometheus or myself over on ESA. It will also show if anything
      was
      > edited, and by which moderator. This pertains to the message
      posted
      > on ESA Re: Group FYI
      >
      > If this explaination is too difficult for anyone to understand,
      then
      > I guess the point is not worth explaining further... This is not
      too
      > difficult to prove to yourselves. It is impossible to remove or
      > change a person's message without it showing this within the "Show
      > Message Option" as I referrenced. Of course one way to accomplish
      > doing any editing and posting, would be to forward one of these
      > moderated posts from the original message, and post it yourself as
      > moderator. Which in this case in question, was not how it happened
      > on ESA!
      >
      > Hope everyone has an enjoyable July 4th Holiday week/end.
      > Liz
      >
      > Leaf wrote:
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater" <tianyue@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, for what its worth...here's another update, and some
      > > thoughts for Marla, if she's reading this.
      > >
      > > I logged into my Yahoo groups account, and I see that with all my
      > > yahoo groups that I hold memberships with, ESA has been
      > > changed to my alternate email address that is stored in my
      > > Yahoo file. The other two groups still have my usual email
      > > address.
      > >
      > > Now, I did NOT change this. That is a cold, hard fact. I haven't
      > > logged into Yahoo accounts in ages.
      > >
      > > I figure that when I was placed on moderated status by the
      > > moderators at ESA, they somehow switched me to the alternate
      > > email address that is on file in my account.
      > >
      > > This may have been deliberate or not. I can't say.

> [...]
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic