6711Re: Censorship at Eckankar Survivors Anonymous?

  • Elizabeth
    Jul 3, 2007
      And obviously for this to work, one would have to be logged on at the
      yahoo ET website reading the messages. It won't show up in an
      individual message going to your email accounts! Just thought I
      should clarify that in case someone wishes to make a case out of my
      explanation to the Censorship ! :-)))

      Liz

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <ewickings@...>
      wrote:

      > FYI, if a person is really all that concerned about whether a
      > moderator edited or switched a poster's email or address once it
      gets
      > approved, all one has to do is look at the post in question, to the
      > right and below the date it will say: "Show message option". If
      you
      > click the tiny arrow it will expand the area to show: "View
      > Source", "Use Fixed Width Font", or "Unwrap Lines". Click the
      one
      > that says "Show message". It will then open up the post at the
      left
      > of the page, and before the actual message it will show who it is
      > from, return path, Received.... Etc which for most people is hard
      > read let alone understand if you have no clue what you are looking
      > for. Down toward the bottom of all that strange stuff you will see
      > From, Subject, X-Yahoo-Group-Post: public or it might say member,
      if
      > it says public, it means the person sending a post is not a member
      of
      > the group. The last line will show: X-eGroups-Approved-By: either
      > Prometheus or myself over on ESA. It will also show if anything
      was
      > edited, and by which moderator. This pertains to the message
      posted
      > on ESA Re: Group FYI
      >
      > If this explaination is too difficult for anyone to understand,
      then
      > I guess the point is not worth explaining further... This is not
      too
      > difficult to prove to yourselves. It is impossible to remove or
      > change a person's message without it showing this within the "Show
      > Message Option" as I referrenced. Of course one way to accomplish
      > doing any editing and posting, would be to forward one of these
      > moderated posts from the original message, and post it yourself as
      > moderator. Which in this case in question, was not how it happened
      > on ESA!
      >
      > Hope everyone has an enjoyable July 4th Holiday week/end.
      > Liz
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic