6710Re: Censureship at Eckankar Survivors Anonymous?

  • Elizabeth
    Jul 3 9:53 AM
      FYI, if a person is really all that concerned about whether a
      moderator edited or switched a poster's email or address once it gets
      approved, all one has to do is look at the post in question, to the
      right and below the date it will say: "Show message option". If you
      click the tiny arrow it will expand the area to show: "View
      Source", "Use Fixed Width Font", or "Unwrap Lines". Click the one
      that says "Show message". It will then open up the post at the left
      of the page, and before the actual message it will show who it is
      from, return path, Received.... Etc which for most people is hard to
      read let alone understand if you have no clue what you are looking
      for. Down toward the bottom of all that strange stuff you will see
      From, Subject, X-Yahoo-Group-Post: public or it might say member, if
      it says public, it means the person sending a post is not a member of
      the group. The last line will show: X-eGroups-Approved-By: either
      Prometheus or myself over on ESA. It will also show if anything was
      edited, and by which moderator. This pertains to the message posted
      on ESA Re: Group FYI

      If this explaination is too difficult for anyone to understand, then
      I guess the point is not worth explaining further... This is not too
      difficult to prove to yourselves. It is impossible to remove or
      change a person's message without it showing this within the "Show
      Message Option" as I referrenced. Of course one way to accomplish
      doing any editing and posting, would be to forward one of these
      moderated posts from the original message, and post it yourself as a
      moderator. Which in this case in question, was not how it happened
      on ESA!

      Hope everyone has an enjoyable July 4th Holiday week/end.
      Liz

      Leaf wrote:
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater" <tianyue@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, for what its worth...here's another update, and some
      > thoughts for Marla, if she's reading this.
      >
      > I logged into my Yahoo groups account, and I see that with all my
      > yahoo groups that I hold memberships with, ESA has been
      > changed to my alternate email address that is stored in my
      > Yahoo file. The other two groups still have my usual email
      > address.
      >
      > Now, I did NOT change this. That is a cold, hard fact. I haven't
      > logged into Yahoo accounts in ages.
      >
      > I figure that when I was placed on moderated status by the
      > moderators at ESA, they somehow switched me to the alternate
      > email address that is on file in my account.
      >
      > This may have been deliberate or not. I can't say.
      >
      > So now, unless this is changed, I am forced to use an email
      > address I'd rather not use, if I ever post there.
      >
      > This is getting stranger by the day.
      >
      > Well, I just have to laugh....not at anyone or with malice, just
      > laugh....
      >
      > I'm okay with all this, at peace with myself.
      >
      > Its been one crazy and wild adventure!
      >
      > I may post a wrap-up of all this, and some final thoughts, when I
      > have time. Then I may retreat back into my peronsal life,
      > although I'll probably check back in once in a while.
      >
      > For now, I'd like to say to Marla one thing, if she's reading here:
      >
      > I left eckankar about ten years ago, after joining when I was
      > about sixteen years old, and have been reading the eckankar
      > sites for quite some time, off and on. I've seen some strange
      > and wacky things come and go that have been posted.
      >
      > There was nothing at all controversial with your posts, nothing
      > even slightly unusual or inappropriate compared to what has
      > always been posted over the years on these forums.
      >
      > In fact, your posts, I'd say, were fairly usual and normal. This is
      > why it is so puzzling that you were singled out for such a tongue
      > lashing. It makes no sense to me, with all that I've seen over the
      > years.
      >
      > I'm sorry (oops, not supposed to say 'sorry' in eckankar, I just
      > can't seem to follow the little rules anymore--hee, hee) you were
      > put through such an ordeal in your contact with these
      > ex-eckankar groups. You deserved to be respected and to be
      > treated with dignity. That didn't happen. You seem like a very
      > good, decent and smart person to me. You've handled it all with
      > poise.
      >
      > You'll be fine, I'm sure.
      >
      > Although I'm not the moderator here, I think its safe to say you
      > should feel free to post at this forum, if you liike. There have
      been
      > a great many decent and good people post here over the years.
      > You're welcome here, although I wouldn't blame you if you leave
      > any thought of eckankar behind and never look back.
      >
      > Funny, that's what these forums were supposed to be all about.
      >
      > More later.
      >
      > Leaf
      >

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
> [...]

      <snipped for redundancy reasons! by Liz ;-)>
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic