6590Re: "Dear friend, our records show your membership has been inactive...

  • Elizabeth
    Mar 1, 2007
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Perry" <jinto83@...>
      > I'm surprised they haven't gone to a pyramid (MLM) plan format in
      > Eckankult. You know... initiations would be tied to your
      > Robin

      *** Several years ago when my now husband first requested the free
      intro packette, he showed it to me and said it sounds like Eckankar
      is just another MLM Scam! LOL That was 7 years ago when I was
      still an eck HI. I looked over the packette, since I hadn't seen
      one. Sure enough, I saw the same thing!

      Ever wonder if you can really leave Eckankrap? ;-)

      Here is an answer to ponder: (A repost from ???)

      Yes, it's easy enough to quit and tens of thousands of people have.
      The fly in the ointment, though, is that the Eckankar writings are
      riddled with fear tactics right out of Scientology and dire threats
      of what damnation awaits anyone foolish enough to quit. Without the
      Living Eck Master's guidance, all a person's karma is dumped onto his
      head and will likely crush the poor soul. Numerous threats promise
      countless rounds of more miserable lives spent in the astral hells
      and back here on earth. All is not lost, though, if the hapless
      student someday crawls back to the feet of the Living Eck Master and
      asks to be saved. As you may guess, these fear-laden admonitions
      against quitting are only available to the student after
      approximately 10 years of conditioning (er...study), so new members
      have absolutely no idea what less-than-pleasant surprises await them
      down the road.

      Also, after a 5 year period of not sending in membership fees, a
      student loses all initiations and is busted back to rank newbie.
      Considering how fervently Eckankar ties in its initiations to a
      student's spiritual progress, the loss of these have had a
      devastating psychological effect on some sensitive people who weren't
      able to move past all these controlling fear tactics. It's not
      unusual to talk with ex-eckists, people who quit 20 or more years
      ago, and hear that they're still struggling with these fear messages.

      In his day, Twitchell wrote much about the perils of ever trying to
      quit Eckankar. His book Illuminated Way Letters, has been quietly
      withdrawn from publication. In it and other books and discourses, he
      goes on at great length about what happens if anybody tries to
      leave - they lose ALL spiritual progress and must begin again at
      the very bottom of the evolutionary ladder; that is, as minerals. A
      number of his discourses are equally hard on the student. Quite a
      heavyhanded approach, isn't it? And, in typical Eckankar fashion,
      this information is never told to people before they join.

      Although representatives of Eckankar will always downplay this if
      confronted, Harold Klemp continues the threats and fear tactics. In
      fact, some of Klemp's discourses read like the ravings of a very
      troubled soul.

      The wrath of the eck (spirit) crashes down upon anybody who is still
      a slave to the ego and deserts the master. Not once will he see the
      connection between his betrayal of the eck and the horrendous
      troubles that strike him down like a plague on every hand. And thus
      he goes downward on the spiral of awareness until he leaves this body
      in hopeless despair, still wondering why the fates have treated him
      so cruelly.
      Eck Satsang Series 3, Chapter 8.

      Whosoever...shall divulge the secrets of his initiation...shall be
      deprived of his sight and tongue in order to never say anything about
      the degrees of initiation in ECKANKAR.

      Shariyat ki Sugmad - Book 2, pages 177-178, 2nd edition, 10th
      printing, 1988

      "But once the chela [member of Eckankar] has become a member of the
      inner circle, HE CANNOT RESIGN...Those few have found that spiritual
      decay sets in immediately, affecting the health, material life and
      spiritual life, and BRINGS DEATH MORE SWIFTLY."

      Shariyat ki Sugmad - Book 2, page 197, (page 166 in older editions)
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic