5775Re: why i left ekult

    Mar 2, 2006
      Sharon,
      You don't need to write a book....you've said everything you've had
      to!<GGG>
      Who else in the world can write about wheat allergies, divorce and
      Eckankar in one missive. You should get your own talk show.

      Alf

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...>
      wrote:

      > (Sorry, typed this up yesterday morning but didn't get it sent!)
      >
      > Hi Kaye!
      >
      > Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome!
      >
      > I found it rather revealing that after you resigned and confirmed
      your
      > resignation by signing & returning their letter, they sent you a
      > threat-filled "Mystic World". Did they do this because they love
      you?
      > I think not.
      >
      > I didn't get a Mystic World, but my "sign & return" letter wanted
      > make sure I knew that I was doing, that I would lose all my
      > initiations and have to start at the beginning if I changed my
      mind.
      > Furthermore, I would not be allowed to re-join for six months.
      >
      > They didn't ask why I was leaving. They didn't have to. In spite
      of
      > what the eckthugs say, MN most certainly *does* monitor a.r.e.
      >
      > You know, sometimes it's very difficult for me to remember that
      > Klemp's a victim, too. But, we all have to be responsible for our
      > choices - and Klemp made some bad ones. When he became LEM and set
      > people to work looking into the plagiarism, and even discovered
      some
      > plagiarism that still hasn't been exposed, he could have been
      honest
      > about it. But he wasn't. He chose to continue the lies, and even
      > added to them. He tightened the control. He increased the
      threats.
      > He focused more on what would maintain & increase the numbers of
      > members & donations.
      >
      > For example, what I think of as the "Club Med" letter in the Mystic
      > World years back. He told people to cut down on the bed-hopping at
      > seminars because it gave potential new recruits a bad impression!!
      > wondered why he didn't say anything "spiritual" - maybe a few words
      > about the "spiritual aspects of sexuality, how the *outer* is a
      > manifestation of the "inner", how Maybury's Laws apply. Now, I
      > don't really remember the timing - since I didn't socialize with
      the
      > local ecksts I missed a lot, so by the time I read what Klemp had
      > say about his divorce & remarriage it was probably old news.
      Isn't
> [...]
      > people to ignore the b.s.
      >
      > Well, very shortly afterwards, the FDA (or whoever) shut them down -

      > the stuff supposedly had a cranberry juice base, but it turned out
      it
      > didn't - it contained artificial cranberry flavoring. Can you
      > imagine?? This was a *huge* lie!!!! And it wasn't even
      necessary,
      > you know? But what was *more* amazing was the b.s. from the
      top!
      > Honestly, the head of the company went on & on about government
      > persecution, and even said that he was on a mission from God, God
      was
      > on his side, Seasilver would "come back" bigger & better than ever,
      > and everyone would get rich & live forever. Not one word about
      the
      > fact that Seasilver claimed to contain cranberry juice, but
      didn't.
      > What was even *more* amazing, I was on a little email list for my
      > "sponsor's" distributor group - neither he nor anyone else said
      > anything, asked questions - nothing!!!!
      >
      > Anyone who knows me, well.....<ggg>.... I posted something like -
      but
      > there's no cranberry juice in it!!!
      >
      > I got *one* private email from someone asking me what I think they
      > should do. Duh.
      >
      > Anyway, I just now did a quickie search on "Seasilver" - now, why
      the
      > heck didn't I do that to begin with? In spite of everything, I
      guess
      > I'm always going to be trusting, and start out assuming that
      everyone
      > else is basically honest, just like me.
      >
      > Okay, while we're on the subject of health - Hi Mike!!! I could
      > really get into chatting about food & health!! I've seen recent
      > statistics that disturbed me a bit - how veggies don't contain the
      > vitamins they had 50 years ago. Understandable - I've always been
      > "into" organic gardening. A veggie can't contain nutrients that
      > aren't in the soil they grow in. And vitamin levels in little
      kids,
      > I think what I read said 5 year olds, are way down. On the other
      > hand, over the years I've known a lot of people who live on junk
      food
      > & white bread, etc., and they're a heck of a lot healthier than
      some
      > lifelong "health food nuts" I've known!!
      >
      > Different people have different nutritional requirements, that's
      all.
      > I happen to be allergic to wheat, which is sort of okay because I
      > never really liked to eat bread and pasta. Probably because even
      as a
      > kid, on some level I recognized I didn't feel good when I ate
      them.
      > Makes sense, huh? <gg> Anyway, rather recently I've been eating
      > lot more bread than usual since I discovered a half-price
      Pepperidge
      > Farm rack at a local grocery store!! <gg> I've sort of been
      > "binging" - which for me means eating a whole mini-bagel or two
      slices
      > of bread. Especially the cinnamon-raisin varieties. I can
      handle
      > half a mini-bagel or one slice of bread okay, but anything more
      makes
      > me feel like crap. But that's just me. My system does best on
      good
      > old all-American red meat, especially fresh & raw.
      >
      > Anyway, a friend has been telling me how good sunflower seeds are
      in
      > chicken salad and oatmeal, to mention just two, for a long time.
      And
> [...]
      > hand, the reverse can be true - I know some totally awesome single
      > dads, and "mothers" who just took off & dumped the kids, and I also
      > know divorced couples who absolutely *despise* each other but still
      > keep their children's welfare first and their personal feelings
      about
      > each other to themselves. But either way, that one word, "heard",
      > says a lot about the "Master of the Universe", doesn't it?
      >
      > Oh!!! Almost forgot - and to be honest, it may have been mentioned
      > here and I may have missed it, but I recently "discovered" another
      new
      > Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualsurvivor/
      >
      > Although this one was started by a former eckist, I don't believe I
      > even saw e-kult mentioned by name, and it's not at all
      necessary.
      > So far it looks like a good group with *lots* of potential, and I
      got
      > very good feelings from it. Thanks, Ed, for starting it! I hope
      > you get some members from the many other new-agey "master" cults
      out
      > there, many of which are so small you can't really find much info
      on
      > them, pro *or* con!
      >
      > And everyone, I'd just like to remind you that I appreciate when
      > people announce new groups & add them to the "links" here - except
      > when it's those darned pesky "religious spammers", but I catch 'em
      in
      > "pending" so they don't get thru. At first I used to think these
      > people had actually read a bit here at ET - for example, quite
      awhile
      > back one of them slipped past me because I'm interested in Native
      > American spirituality, but after trying to converse with the guy,
      it
      > was obvious he was just a spammer. I'd left the link here though,
      > but I'm pretty sure I removed it when recently a Native American
      told
      > me that this particular person/website was one of the many
      phonies.

      > You know, popping over to the other groups right now has made me
      think
      > that it's not just that I'm not really keeping up with reading my
      > "daily digests", I don't think I've been getting them.
      >
      > And right now I've gone way beyond my daily eckstuff limit <gg> and
      my
      > mind is drifting far far away, so I'm going to close now. And
      > although I've been "Thinking Spring", tomorrow is March lst so I
      want
      > everyone to think "blizzard" - it'll be nice if March goes out like
      > lamb!!! Can't really complain, here in PA it hasn't really been
      > bad winter. Come to think of it, I don't think we got below zero
      at
      > all, which is unusual for where I live.
      >
      > And Kaye, thanks again for posting & sharing your story!!
      Actually,
      > it reminded me of some things, I might end up posting some more
      > another time.
      >
      > Bye everyone!! Have a good one!!!
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon