5772Re: why i left ekult

    Mar 1, 2006
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444" <eyesopen444@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello sharon and fellow ex-eckists,
      >
      > I left ecult in the fall of 2005 after 15+ years. I was not an
      active
      > eckist-stricktly books and discourses. I did't attend satsang or
      > seminars after the first year or two. As the years went by I found
      the
      > discourses increasingly difficult to study and had few results with
      > the spiritual exercises. I decided to go to an eck service and meet
      > some of the eckists. There were less than a dozen of them and they
      did
      > not appear to be especially spiritual. The service was uninspiring
      and
      > the participants strained to come up with some stories or words of
      > wisdom that related to the service's spiritual subject. I saw what I
      > was missing all this time. (lol) Everyone was excited because the
      > regional director, an 8th or 9th initiate was to lead the next
      > service. The crowd was bigger that month and I expected something
      > special. What I observed was a glib talking, energetic man who had
      > nothing much to say. He reminded me of a used car salesman. (no
      > offense to those in that trade) I was disappointed and knew that
      > something was wrong.
      >
      > My higher self started to come through more clearly as my doubts
      about
      > ekult increased. I noticed that the latest e-book had entire
      sections
      > of old material from previous publications. A tape entitled, "The
      Law
> [...]
      > subject of the title. I started to question his leadership. I
      compared
      > klem to the late Pope John Paul II. I saw a brave, loving,
      > compassionate man in John Paul. He faced danger and hardships under
      > the occupations of the Nazis and Communists. He survived an
      > assasiation attempt and met his attacker to forgive him. He suffered
      > with Parkinsons but still fulfilled his duties to his church to his
      > death. I was impressed by John Paul's devotion and humility and by
      the
      > love that he earned from people of all faiths. Then I looked at
      > harold. There was no comparison.
      >
      > According to ekult, Jesus Christ was no higher than a 2nd initiate.
      > Let's see- Jesus brought enlightenment to all who would listen (for
      > free). He was a radical in a dangerous time and place. He questioned
      > the authority of the powerful priests and pointed out their
      hypocracy,
      > greed and their unjust treatment of the poor, sick and powerless. He
      > was hated and killed for his efforts. He also forgave. Again, I
      looked
      > at harold. He is nothing in comparison. Harold is a weak, coniving,
      > delusional, liar. Read his teachings to see what an unforgiving,
      > uncaring man he is as he threatens and bullies his followers. He
      wants
      > worship, money and free labor from his flock. It would be totally
      > appropriate for joan to become the co-lem. Does anyone remember Jim
      > and Tammy Faye Baker and the PTL Club?
      >
      > While watching the movie "The Skeleton Key", I recognized an ekult
      > technique. Hoodoo was used by a character in the film but it only
      > worked if you could make your victim believe in it.
      >
      > Some of the ekists started to interfer with me in my dreams. They
      were
      > angry and told me that the mahanta would not allow my activities,
      > which were happy and peaceful. At this point, I found your website
      and
      > read everything that I could find. This confirmed my suspicions and
      > cut ties with ekult immediately. After I mailed my resignation,I
      > received a paper from the esc to sign and explain (optional) my
      > reasons for resigning. I signed without explaining. Surely the
      > godman/lem/mahanta knows all. They then sent me another copy of the
      > mystic world that warned about leaving and all the troubles that
      > befall those who do. It didn't work because I know how HOODOO works.
      > My last dream involving ekult occurred shortly after. In this dream,
      > harold showed me a piece of paper, gave me a good frowning, then
      > signed the paper and showed it to me again. Good riddance!! I am
      much
      > happier since I've left ekult and feel like a burden has been
      lifted.
      > Don't let harold scare you.
      >
      > I hope this helps others as your posts helped me. I can't thank you

      Great testimony to the quirks and foibles of ECK, Kaye.
      I followed you up until you said you experienced "HooDoo" and Eckists
      (including Harold) appearing in your dreams?
      Is this part of the teachings you hold onto or could it be something
      of your own doing, subconciously. By believing this, you are
      presupposing that the cult has the ability to appear to you in the
      dream state. Could you clarify?

      Alf
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic