3549Re: Whar the heck is A.R.E. ?

  • violinmike2002
    Aug 31, 2003
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "jerrycic" <JerryC@a...> wrote:
      > Hi!
      > my name is Jerry Cicierega
      > im 49 and as weird as they get.
      >
      > I cannot verify thebehavior of the membership as it stands today.
      > The few friends that i have who are still in the group are the
      > finest of folks. They do not exibit the behaviors described in
      some
      > of these posts.
      >
      > The pollowing post was directed to the [eckankarhistory group],
      Keep
      > that in mind:
      >
      > I am currently not a member of the eckankar organization. When i
      > was however, one of the principles that i was attracted to was
      that
      > it was recommended that i accept nothing as truth. That i was to
      > find out for myself what was the truth. I seem to remember paul
      > twitchell wtiting in many places that the student was to challange
      > what the master says at all times so that when i discovered a
      truth
      > for myself, it would be of my own experience and not what someone
      > else has said.
      >
      > I think that it is good advice to find out for yourself what is
      the
      > truth. I sugesst to you that the 'Santa Clause Effect' is that
      the
      > majority of you in this group believe that you live on a planet
      that
      > revolves around the sun. Or that the speed of light is constant.
      > How many of you have taken the time to question what is going on
      > arround you right now.
      >
      > emerging out of the soup of the 60's including Eckankar and any of
      > the things that were going on in my life (especially music), for
      me
      > was a voice that has contacted me from within the turbulence of
      the
      > world arround and within me. I cannot deny what has happened to
      me
      > nor can i explain it. It did come to me under the names of paul
      > twitchell, and darwin gross. But the essence of the inner
      dialougue
      > come from a much more primordial place.
      >
      > I have seen a candle light itself. I have a witness who also has
      > seen it. I have had telepathic experiences with a person who was
      my
      > friend in high school. We talked about it out here in the
      > physical. it lasted for about 10 days.
      >
      > These minor experiences were only an introduction to what was to
      > come. The issue of plagerism and the origens of Eckankar are of
      no
      > value to me. It is amazing to me how it all came about. But not
      > that it is a fraud. The amazement is in the fact that the forces
      > that be constructed it in such a way that it was usefull to me.
      Its
      > use to you may be only an excercise in historical flowcharting.
      But
      > none of you have any clue as to what the tool is used for.
      >
      > Life plays rough. we are talking life and death. pain and
      pleasure.
      > War, alchoholism, child abuse, beauty, love and honar. We cannot
      > grow up before our time, but we cannot stop ourselves from growing.
      >
      > To those of you who want to know more. dont worry, the
      oppertunity
      > will fall in your lap. You cannot escape it. To those of you who
      > would try to deny my experiences, Good luck cause i cannot deny
      > them and beleive me ive tried. You not even close..
      Plagerism...
      > I laugh! who cares. Its the actual experience that cannot be
      > denied.
      >
      > Good luck all of you. Have fun in your search. It is important
      > uncover what is being uncovered. It is a part of your search for
      > the truth. The truth is much bigger than this however. Much Much
      > Much bigger.
      > End of post
      >
      > Even though im no longer a member of eckankar, i still am engaged
      in
      > the grand specticle. And it gets even better and grander. Where do
      > fit in to your concepts of whats going on with eckankar>

      I hate to be blunt here because I did enjoy your post but
      the answer to your last question is I don't care.
      I don't have to fit anyone anywhere only be true to myself
      and what I understand as my creator.
      Elsewhere I have said though that it is a personal decision
      to continue to follow the mystic and "voices " as many people
      do including Shirley Maclaine but it is equally valid to
      go to a show it prove it status accepting no others experiences
      that we haven't had. Who made you such an authority on my or
      our "search anyway?
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic