2143Re: [eckankartruth] Re: "Happiness" in Eckankar, But at What Price?

  • Randy Cable
    Jun 1, 2002
      Helen's post reads "ecky" to me. It is misleading to
      write that many eckies do not think that the Mahaunta
      oops, mahanta is not the greatest state of
      consciousness. Being Spirit that assumes the form of
      the LEMon or other guide for whomever, has always been
      taught this in the Holey Scriptures of Eckankar. It
      has been taught for decades that Mahanta comes as
      Buddha to Buddhists, Christ to Christians and so on.
      If a person were to teach at a worship service with
      words that downplay Eckankar's views of the Mahanta,
      then that person would not be long welcomed. I know
      this to be a fact because a seeker named, Maria Cuman
      was asked to leave when she asked the arahata some
      questions and challenged the answers she was given.
      The request for her never to return was by way of
      phone call she recieved at home later that Sunday.
      Randy

      --- colleen russell <colleenmft@...> wrote:
      > Thanks for your response, Helen. I just wanted to
      > ask
      > if you are a member in eckankar, as it sounds to me
      > like you may be.
      >
      > Colleen
      >

      > --- hfloyd2002 <hfloydlrod@...> wrote:
      > > Colleen,
      > >
      > > I understand your point- however- you are assuming
      > > that EVERYONE in
      > > Eckankar follows an authoritarian role model. NOT
      > > all members do. In
      > > fact, I've seen several posts from members who
      > > wholly discount the
      > > Mahanta/Master /Guru or whatever as the ultimate
      > in
      > > spiritual and
      > > physical world say-so.
      > > Whether it is Eckankar,Sant Mat or Catholicism-
      > > I've seen the SAME
      > > kind of people "Worship" the authoritarian
      > > figurehead. It also makes
      > > no difference as to what religion or path is
      > picked
      > > as an example for
      > > the freedom of expression point you made. In a
      > > fundamentalist
      > > religion, in Catholicism, Buddhism, Islam etc- the
      > > "group mentality"
      > > is going to defend is way of life and is going to
      > > make it difficult
      > > for those with a different view or understanding
      > > express
      > > themselves-period.
      > > If, in truth one is seeking after a relationship
      > > with God then they
      > > are going to do so in the path ( or non-path) that
      > > feels most
      > > comfortable. As I've stated before, I've met a few
      > > very exceptional
      > > people with very high standards of conduct within
      > > Eckankar, and I
      > > don't believe they represent any smaller
      > percentage
      > > of good people
      > > within that path than you will find in any other.
      > > The same goes for
      > > the nasties.
      > > Not everyone is a "cult-head", and as I've also
      > > stated before
      > > recently- I believe the term is overused and
      > > somewhat misunderstood.
      > > For those who have looked at all of the
      > information
      > > on the plagiarism,
      > > who choose not to engage in "master worship" and
      > > feel comfortable with
      > > the way the different pholosophies have been
      > pulled
      > > together in Eck-
      > > then yes- they are happy and should be left as
      > such
      > > until they choose
      > > to do differently. For my own situtation, it
      > works.
      > > They understand my
      > > point after much conversation , I understand
      > > theirs.
      > >
      > > Love and Blessings,
      > >
      > > Helen
      > >

      > =====
      > This electronic mail transmission may contain
> [...]

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic