Re: [echocardiography] Right ventricle

  • Gerson Lichtenberg
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2007
      Please explain 'ARVC.' I am not familiar with the abbreviation.

      Gerson Lichtenberg, RDCS
      Chicago, Illinois

      "A. Elhewala" <luvingecho@...> wrote:
      Hello Justin

      It is really interesting ,thank you for the videos.
       ARVC is a possible diagnosis despite old age as it is usually diagnosed earlier <40 yrs
      it can start regionally and MRI can diagnose fibrofatty infiltration
      It is important to exclude thrombosis ,;Agitated saline may help detecting stasis in that dilated part ..

      Best regards,
      A Elhewala

      justinpadams <justinpadams@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Hi

      Have at look at these two vids:

      http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=ttdUYDK7HXA
      http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=ZPmHxPgOfys

      Sorry, but I don't know if it's possible to get them to loop on
      YouTube? You just have to keep pressing 'play' to view it again.

      I'm interested in the right ventricle - any ideas what's going on?

      This is from a 88yr old lady who had a recent NSTEMI and suffers with
      recurrent falls and a labile BP. She does have an inferior wall
      motion abnormality (mild), but otherwise the left ventricular
      systolic function was reasonable.

      I was wondering if this could be a RV aneurysm?

      Thanks for your views.

      Justin

    • rshado
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Sounds like a description of RV dysplasia...never heard of it being
        called ARVC. We have diagnosed 2 cases using 3D echo here.

        Rick Meece, RDCS

        --- In echocardiography@yahoogroups.com, Gerson Lichtenberg

        wrote:
        > Hello Justin
        >
        > It is really interesting ,thank you for the videos.
        > ARVC is a possible diagnosis despite old age as it is usually
        diagnosed earlier <40 yrs
        > it can start regionally and MRI can diagnose fibrofatty
        infiltration
        > It is important to exclude thrombosis ,;Agitated saline may help
        detecting stasis in that dilated part ..

        > Best regards,
        > A Elhewala
        >

        > justinpadams <justinpadams@...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Have at look at these two vids:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdUYDK7HXA
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmHxPgOfys
        >
        > Sorry, but I don't know if it's possible to get them to loop on
        > YouTube? You just have to keep pressing 'play' to view it again.
        >
        > I'm interested in the right ventricle - any ideas what's going on?
        >
        > This is from a 88yr old lady who had a recent NSTEMI and suffers
        with
        > recurrent falls and a labile BP. She does have an inferior wall
        > motion abnormality (mild), but otherwise the left ventricular
        > systolic function was reasonable.
        >
        > I was wondering if this could be a RV aneurysm?
        >
        > Thanks for your views.
        >
        > Justin
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on
        Yahoo! TV.

      • A. Elhewala
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
          Hello Gerson,

          ARVD/C   are used for Arrhythmogenic Right ventricle Dysplasia / Cardiomyopathy

          At cardiomyopathy website

          it said that ARVC is becoming more popular

          Best regards,
          A Elhewala

          "A. Elhewala" <luvingecho@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

          Building a website is a piece of cake.

        • Justin Adams
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
            Hi
            Thanks for your thoughts - I had thought of ARVC, but then decided that it was unlikely in someone of that age.  Also, the few suspected ARVC cases I've seen have involved the apical region of the RV - can it affect anywhere in the RV?

            Any more thoughts out there?

            Cheers

            Justin

            P Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?