RE: [echocardiography] Re: Help: HP 5500, Rev. D Presets

  • David Dallaire
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2006
      Thanks for the offer, Ron, but we have all of our probes repaired by Sonora Medical Systems.

      Every probe repair facility utilizes Sonora's transducer repair and test equipment such as FirstCall.  That alone seems enough of a statement of the regard in which their company, products and services are held.  On top of that, however, they also provide relevant, valuable information to questions asked on list-serves and give back to the ultrasound community through published White Papers that stem from their continuous research on clinical efficacy through improved ultrasound quality assurance.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
        Although I am biased (having used Cypress for years), I would recommend it because of it's track record in reliability.  It can take the punishment of a mobile lab.  I personally know of at least 6 labs locally that use Cypress exclusively for both adult and pediatric echo as well as vascular.

        lubsdub2001 <lubsdub2001@...> wrote:
        Which machine (cypress or vivid E...cannot afford vivid I) would be a
        better choice for mobile echo(no stress echo)and vascular studies?

      • Jon Tagliaferri
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
          what did they regret about it.  I've not seen or heard of any serious issues with the Cypress.  Vivid i is definately a good product.  I would worry about reliability in a laptop.

          Lanamere Arabians <cmfitz06@...> wrote:
          vivid i , you get what you pay for
          some people i know bought the cypress  because they were already acuson customers and then regretted it.

          Caroline and Paul Fitzgerald
          Lanamere Arabians
          88 Smallwoods Rd
          Fairney View / Fernvale
          Qld 4306
          Ph 07 5427 0661
          Fax 07 5427 0662
          Mob C 0419 757 611
          Mob P 0407 792 375
          cmfitz06@bigpond. net.au

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
            Cypress does vascular as well.

            pdigrazi <pdigrazi@...> wrote:
            Which companies are the most reputable when it comes to refurbished
            US machines. Espeically cypress.
            I am looking into doing mobile and would appreciate some leads on
            company links to purchase a US machine.

            Can cypress do vascular studies also?

            thanks

            --- In echocardiography@ yahoogroups. com, "Michele Cheeseman"
            <mtcheese@.. .> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I use a cypress daily, and use a vivid e for another cardiologist
            on a weekly basis. I think they are both good for mobile service.
            The vivid e has more bells and whistles, but you are not going to
            miss a diagnosis with a cypress. The vivid e is superior when it
            comes to image management. The cypress is more affordable because
            you can find them on the refurb market. I have never lost a day of
            work in over 5 years with the cypress. The vivid e is still too new.
            I dont think they are on the refurb market as of yet. I believe the
            cypress has been redesigned this year. Bottom line: if money is no
            object, vivid e. The cypress is a rugged, reliable workhorse and an
            excellent value.
            > Eric Cheeseman RT,RDCS
            > Echo Express Inc.
            > www.echoxp.com

          • Keith
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 11, 2007
              We have had both and still have the Vivid I, I would recommend the I.
              The cost difference really isnt that much when you consider the
              revenue you will generate with the system. Lets face it echo makes
              money so buy something good and it will pay for itself.

              Keith

              --- In echocardiography@yahoogroups.com, "lubsdub2001"
              <lubsdub2001@...> wrote:

              > Which machine (cypress or vivid E...cannot afford vivid I) would be a
              > better choice for mobile echo(no stress echo)and vascular studies?

            • Nadira Kawall
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 12, 2007

                Hi,

                I have the experience using both the cypress and vivid e. By far, the vivid is better and the color Doppler is far superior than the cypress. Also the vivid e has the capabilities for vascular and obs/gyn.

                Nadira

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 18, 2007
                  The Cypress does vascular as well, and is proven to handle abuse.  Not sure about the Vivid E or I yet on the abuse issue.

                  <lubsdub2001@ ...> wrote:

                  > Which machine (cypress or vivid E...cannot afford vivid I) would be a
                  > better choice for mobile echo(no stress echo)and vascular studies?

                • jeffrey green
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 19, 2007
                    The Vivid I & e both perform vascular very well with higher resolution and image quality and a better M&R package but the price of the i is steep when compared with the Cypress. The Cypress is extremely reliable with an average first failure of over 36 months. There are over 3000 Cypress installed worldwide and it has been field tested and proven to be reliable. The I and E shoudl hold up well sicne they are designed with notebook standards for portability.

                    For best overall value and the latest in technology I would reccommend the Vivid E. Ask for additional service and check references.  The Sonosite MicroMaxx should also be considered it has s standard 5 year warranty and is the only system that does not use Windows as an operating system. It is extremely sturdy and reliable as well and the price is right.

                    For more information check my website