Re: [echocardiography] Echocardiographers turning into Radiollogists???

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 1, 2005
      Gerson,

      Yes, there is inquiry by a number of individuals concerning a Masters degree
      program in sonar.
      My only question is - if an average sonar obtains
      a study and gives his or her tech impression - then
      why having a Masters degree would change that?
      In my practice, my sonar techs would give their impressions and suggestions
      such as may followup
      with CT, etc. This has worked out very well and I
      am not sure of the need to have a Masters for that.
      Any insights?

      Thomas
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 6, 2005
        Barbara,

        I agree with you. Just because a sonographer pass a test
        and got a master's degree does not mean that he or she
        can interpret sonars without physician's supervision.
        No one can match the length of schooling and training a
        physician received and therefore ultrasound practictioner
        should understand that and respect that and be glad to be
        part of health care profession that allow opportunities for
        advancement, etc.

        Thomas