RE: [echocardiography] need help(contrast)

  • Abello4@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi Candy,
      I’m a chocolate lover also, so I can’t wait to try contrast lol! I belong to the echo yahoo group and was interested in your experience with contrast.
      I’ll be meeting with our administration soon and discussing the possibility of bringing in contrast but I’m a little concerned about the injecting.
      At my hospital here in Miami, techs don’t inject even saline. I am aware that there are all sorts of training opportunities out there but how do I find out if there are any legal problems in my particular state concerning this practice. Which government organization/s did you contact if any?
      Thanks,
      Anne

      "Hogan, Candy" <candy.hogan@...> wrote:

      >Contrast is the next best thing to Chocolate!!  Don't be afraid.  They have great reps. out there.  If you personally call me I will share my protocols and policies with you.
      >
      >Candy Hogan, RDCS
      >Cardiology/Echocardiography/EEG Supervisor
      >6001 Norris Canyon Rd.
      >San Ramon, CA  94538
      >candy.hogan@...
      >925-275-8846 Direct line
      >925-275-8287 Office
      >925-275-8397 Fax

    • Gerson Lichtenberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        Anne, I'd suggest talking to your administrator, who
        might have you ask the nursing administrator for their
        injection policy, as well as your Risk Management
        Officer. These people should have some idea of the
        requirements for your institution as well as your
        state. Often, you will find that Radiologic
        Technologists and Nuclear Medicine technologists do
        contrast injections and IV insertions, so that can
        serve as your precedent inside the institution. Good
        luck!

        Gerson Lichtenberg, RDCS, APS
        Cardiology
        Rush Oak Park Hospital
        Oak Park, Illinois

        --- Abello4@... wrote:

        > Hi Candy,
        > I���m a chocolate lover also, so I can���t wait to
        > try contrast lol! I belong to the echo yahoo group
        > and was interested in your experience with contrast.
        > I���ll be meeting with our administration soon and
        > discussing the possibility of bringing in contrast
        > but I���m a little concerned about the injecting.
        > At my hospital here in Miami, techs don���t inject
        > even saline. I am aware that there are all sorts of
        > training opportunities out there but how do I find
        > out if there are any legal problems in my particular
        > state concerning this practice. Which government
        > organization/s did you contact if any?
        > Thanks,
        > Anne
        >

        > "Hogan, Candy" <candy.hogan@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Contrast is the next best thing to Chocolate!!
        > ��Don't be afraid. ��They have great reps. out
        > there. ��If you personally call me I will share my
        > protocols and policies with you.
        > >
        > >Candy Hogan, RDCS
        > >Cardiology/Echocardiography/EEG Supervisor
        > >6001 Norris Canyon Rd.
        > >San Ramon, CA ��94538
        > >candy.hogan@...
        > >925-275-8846 Direct line
        > >925-275-8287 Office
        > >925-275-8397 Fax

      • Hogan, Candy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          Your hospital can do anything they want to . As long as there are protocols and policies. Contact the advanced health education center. They are in Houston. 713-772-0157. This is where I took my IV certification class. They will send you a catalog or go on their website. WWW.aheconline.com. I would start with bubble studies first while you are getting the contrast together. Your hospital will know what they can do. The radiologist CT techs start IV and inject contrast too. Its in your scope of practice.

          Candy Hogan, RDCS
          Cardiology/Echocardiography/EEG Supervisor
          6001 Norris Canyon Rd.
          San Ramon, CA 94538
          candy.hogan@... <mailto:candy.hogan@...>
          925-275-8846 Direct line