Re: [echocardiography] Advice

  • Nanci McFarland
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      Kelly,
      We currently have 3 Sequoias and one Aspen. I feel that the Aspen's
      lack of quality makes me miss a lot with any study I do with it. We try
      to use it the least amount as possible. We have requested a Sequoia to
      replace the Aspen but that may take several months to happen. Some of
      our techs have said that their hands hurt when the use the Aspen. The
      transducers are not very different. I think it is the length of time
      that you spend trying to get the image legible that creates the hand
      stress. The Aspen is not good for portable studies due to the lack of 4
      wheel turning and reduced maneuverability compared to the Sequoia or
      even our old HP-1000s. We have had techs hurt their backs trying to do
      portables.
      If I could not get a full Sequoia, I would consider the Cypress model
      instead of an Aspen.
      This is just my opinion,
      Nanci McFarland, RDCS
      Walnut Creek, CA