Re: [echocardiography] [Fwd: contrast injected intracoronary]

  • DR. HARRY ACQUATELLA
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31 11:50 AM
      Apreciado Daniel:
      Gracias, pero no tenemos Optison en Venezuela todavia. Att. Harry
      Acquatella
      Daniel Shindler wrote:

      > Subject: contrast injected intracoronary
      > Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:11:10 -0300
      > From: "Ivan Seguel" <iseguel@...>
      > To: <shindler@...>
      >
      > I want to share with you our experience in the administration
      > of Optison directly in to the coronary arteries in humans.
      > We are evaluating the microcirculation of patiens whith recent
      > myocardial infarction.
      > We use a dilution of Optison with fisiologic solution injected
      > into the coronary artery.
      > We can identify those segments without viability
      > that show no contrast when we injected the infarct related artery
      > and that persist without contrast when we injected the other
      > coronary artery. Those patiens didn't have collateral circulation
      > at the angiografy.
      >
      > Ivan Seguel,M.D.
      > Cardiologist
      > Orompello 20
      > Concepcion-CHILE
      > Fax: 56-41-244870

      > FREE group e-mail lists at http://www.findmail.com

    • DR. MARIO VARGAS
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31 5:27 PM
        Your experience is interesting. I like yo know how much is diluted Optison
        for intracoronary use?.
        Has been it approved in Chile?
        In Peru we only have levovist .
        Have you seen hyperemia with contrast in those cases with reperfused
        coronary artery?. How it affects the interpretation of contrast echo?
        Thans in advance
        Dr. Mario Vargas
        mariovar@...
        Paracas 250-I, Sol de la Molina
        La Molina, Lima, Peru
        Phone: 4790914, FAX 4636574
        ----------
        > De: Daniel Shindler <shindler@...>
        > A: echocardiography@...
        > Asunto: [echocardiography] [Fwd: contrast injected intracoronary]
        > Fecha: Monday, August 31, 1998 7:14 AM

      • Howard H. Wayne, M.D., F.A.C.C.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 1998
          9/1/98

          Dear Dr. Seguel:

          Controversy as to whether collaterals are present has
          existed for over 100 years. Ultimately, it was proven that
          when collaterals were not found, it was not because they
          weren�t there but because the technique used failed to
          demonstrate them .Angiography is a case in point. One
          will often find evidence of complete occlusion, yet on
          echocardiography wall motion is fairly normal. Clearly,
          the myocardium is getting blood from somewhere.
          When the collateral vessels are < 0.5 mm, the
          angiogram will not usually demonstrate such vessels.
          Finally, one reason that you may not be demonstrating
          such collaterals is because in order for contrast to show
          up, it has to arrive fairly quickly in the target area.
          This may not be possible with the contrast. The material
          may be too big to get through, or it simply may not get
          through fast enough to be imaged.

          Howard H. Wayne, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.C.P.
          San Diego, California

          <http://orders.xoom.com/tmp/fmtmp827/>http://orders.xoom.com/tmp/fmtmp827/