Re: [echocardiography] hdi 5000

  • George Barakat
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hi Rabbitslayer4,

      Based upon the given criteria, you would seem to require and image
      management system that allots for digital review and capture from video. I
      work for Digisonics, Inc. and we are well regarded for these capabilities.
      In my unbiased opinion, not all suppliers in this space offer both video and
      digital review within the same application, so your choices may be limited.
      If you would like to learn more about our products, feel free to visit our
      website at: www.digisonicsinc.com. Or if you wish, call in and ask for a
      local rep via our toll-free number: 1-800-940-3240. I'd be happy to further
      discuss these issues with you.

      Good luck,
      George Barakat

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
        Call Rick Reed at Sonora Medical Systems, he can advise you on what you'll
        need, and what you'll need to do. 303.682.5871

        Wayne Moore
        Sonora
        > I am very new to the world of echocardiography and everything
        > associated with it. I have a computer science background so I didn't
        > know about DICOM until about a month ago. I have been reading the
        > best I possily could but, I think I have hit a wall.
        > The project that I have been asked to complete by my employeer is to
        > attach the hdi-5000 machine that we have in our office to the
        > network. He hopes to achieve the ability to pull down all of the
        > video (and photos I think) from this machine and view them from the
        > network on another machine.
        > I wanted to know if this is possible. I have talked with a few
        > people and found that it can be tied to the network but wasn't sure
        > exactly what I would need on the server end or anything else related
        > to viewing these images/video on the network.
        > If any of you need any more information please let me know. This
        > seems to be the place to come for a question like this but, if it
        > isn't could someone point me in the right direction?
        > Thanks

      • Dennis Roscoe
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          There are many possible solutions to the workflow you are trying to
          achieve. I would be happy to discuss your options over the phone. The
          phone would be best because there are many questions that need to be
          answered about your equipment in order to arrive at the appropriate
          solution.

          Cheers,

          Dennis Roscoe, Ph. D.
          MPACS, LLC
          608-827-7111
          www.mpacs.com

        • ECHOBARRY@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            HELLO,
            FIRST THING YOU NEED TO FIND OUT FROM THE HDI 5000 -PHILLIPS IS IF THE EQUIPMENT IS DICOM READY, THEN YOU TALK TO YOUR IT PERSON WHAT IS REQUIRED TO INSTALL THIS EQUIPMENT ON SERVER AND WILL IT BE CAPABLE TO HANDLE VIDEO CLIPS (VERY IMPORTANT NOT STATIC IMAGES) ALSO SEE IF YOU CAN HAVE BOTH REPS FROM IT AND PHILLIPS GET TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH SOLUTION TO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, DON'T GO ALONE IN THIS PHASE WITHOUT FULL SUPPORT FROM YOUR IT PEOPLE.

            BARRY
          • internetecho
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
              Your task of allowing your doctor to view the echo images from different computers
              is possible, and easier than you may think. You can contact icardiogram.com for
              some assistance. Our system allows one to send echoes over the internet for remote
              review. The physician is not limited to viewing the images only in his office
              connected to the hospital network on a proprietary viewer, they can be at home or the
              hospital.

              For your specific application, this can be accomplished easily by either tying into the
              network, or by simply using the video tape or MO-Disk output.

              We'd be happy to discuss your task from a computer science perspective.

              Regards

              Steve Kenny
              919 534- 2162
              www.icardiogram.com

              --- In echocardiography@yahoogroups.com, "rabbitslayer4" <ianartworx@h...>
              wrote:
              > Hi all,
              > I am very new to the world of echocardiography and everything
              > associated with it. I have a computer science background so I didn't
              > know about DICOM until about a month ago. I have been reading the
              > best I possily could but, I think I have hit a wall.
              > The project that I have been asked to complete by my employeer is to
              > attach the hdi-5000 machine that we have in our office to the
              > network. He hopes to achieve the ability to pull down all of the
              > video (and photos I think) from this machine and view them from the
              > network on another machine.
              > I wanted to know if this is possible. I have talked with a few
              > people and found that it can be tied to the network but wasn't sure
              > exactly what I would need on the server end or anything else related
              > to viewing these images/video on the network.
              > If any of you need any more information please let me know. This
              > seems to be the place to come for a question like this but, if it
              > isn't could someone point me in the right direction?
              > Thanks
            • rabbitslayer4
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2003
                hello again to all
                I thought I would make myself a little clearer on what I would like
                to do. Having talked with several representative I can polish what I
                am saying a little more.
                What I am looking to do is to connect my hdi-5000 machine from its
                ethernet port in the back to my network and be able to send the data
                collected from that machine to a server.
                Now with the data that I have sent to the server I would like to tie
                this directly to a database that is being developed in house. I
                would like to be able to import both patient data entered at the hdi-
                5k machine and be able to link to the video clips (or JPEG clips,
                whatever the case may be).
                Is all that I need to do is to setup the hdi-5k to send to the
                server and then figure out how to pull the data? Would I be
                reinventing the wheel trying to come up with this ideal software
                solution? Anyone have any other solutions other than a package
                solution?