student

  • sri lakshmi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002

      Hi group,

      i'm sri lakshmi  doing my bachelors in Biomedical Engineering.I am doing a project On tissue doppler assessment of LV function and running out of ideas. could anyone give me and my project a direction.

      Bye

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Terry Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
        Dear Sri,

        What sort of echo equipment and analysis software do you have access to? That kind of dictates what may be feasible. You could look at systolic function by comparing the timing of strain and strain rate trace events (Em, Ea, time to peak etc) in relation to aortic valve m-mode or Doppler trace events such as aortic valve closure or mitral valve opening. If you look at any of the references listed on the following page, you might get some ideas...http://www.medextra.co.uk/aboutstrain.html

        Regards,

        Ral
        i'm sri lakshmi  doing my bachelors in Biomedical Engineering.I am doing a project On tissue doppler assessment of LV function and running out of ideas. could anyone give me and my project a direction.

        Bye

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • kemil pilotte
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2002
          Run a experiment on measurement repeatability between different instruments and different technologists.  Is TDI as reliable as say measurement of MV E and A or MV deceleration time.