Refresher

  • Jess
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31 2:29 PM
      Hi to all,

      I need a refresher.  What are the contraindications of doing the Valsalva Maneuver on patients?
      Thanks

      Jess

    • Michael, Dwight
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        Contraindications are relative (if at all).  Patients with severe LVOT obstruction or AS are at risk for syncope.  Actually, I wouldn't want to "push" the maneuver  too much on anyone with severe diarrhea.