ESAOTE???

  • wilfridaslow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2002
      Just wondering if anyone has feedback on the the MEGAS unit by
      ESAOTE.
      Our office is a dynamic, team oriented lab which performs procedures
      on a variety of patients as well as stress echo, TEE,
      We have an old ATL and we are going to take a class;
      I had an opportunity to have a demo in our office to see it is a
      reasonable choice.

      different problems
      I think the MEGAS technology is not very convincing to image adults
      the images aren't comparable in side by side situation with the
      IMAGE POINT
      images reasonably well but it is very limited in its usefullness
      The MEGAS is certainly smaller than the IMAGE POINT unit and offers
      digital interconnection
      but the video in/outs are very limited.
      The price looks too expensive for this quality.
      There's not yet a compromise system
      What are people's experience with The MEGAS unit
      Please tell us YOUR OPINION--ASAP- thanks
      REGARDS
      Wilfrid Aslow
      B on thames ----- UK
    • Andrew Horning
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 7:38 AM
        I'll mostly stay out of this for the obvious reasons...
        But I must comment on the comment, "the video in/outs are very limited."
        The Megas, and even the smaller Caris and Caris Plus have (as standard
        equipment) in/outs for RGB, SVHS and composite video. I suspect you have
        these machines confused with some others.

        Andrew Horning
        Clinical Product Manager

        Biosound Esaote
        8000 Castleway Drive
        Indianapolis, IN 46250-1943

        (317) 813 6048
        (800) 428 7378
        ahorning@...

[...]

        -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
        The materials in this electronic mail transmission (including all
        attachments) are private and confidential and are the property of Biosound
        Esaote, Inc. Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking
        of any action in reliance on the contents of this material is strictly
        prohibited. Please notify us at (317) 849-1793 or biosound@... if
        you have received this in error.