Re: [echocardiography] Regarding Echo Exam of ASE

  • jean yacoub
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      From my experience, I found that you have to use more than one single text
      book to cover the ultrasound physics. There are a lot of physics questions.
      The book titled "Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography" by Otto and Pearlman
      is an easy basic single source for the physics section. For the other
      sections of the exam you need to have interpreted a lot of echo studies to
      answer the questions well (>20 studies/week found to be the best indicator).
      Fiegenbaum's "echocardiography book remains an easy to read single source
      also.

      Jean Yacoub, MD.,FACC.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2001
        Here is some information from the current Society of Diagnostic Sonography
        newsletter:

        Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation Review Now Available

        The latest in the SDMS' series of certification examination reviews is

        now available. The National Certification Examination Review: Ultrasound

        Physics and Instrumentation includes a CME test so you can earn 8 SDMS

        CME credits while studying for the ARDMS examination.

        Item# Description CME Credits Member Price Non-Member

        Price

        7506 Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation 8 $45 $70

        For more information about the National Certification Examination Review

        series, visit:

        http://www.sdms.org/products/ncer.asp

        <http://www.sdms.org/products/ncer.asp>

        To print an order form, visit:

        http://www.sdms.org/pdf/orderform.pdf

        <http://www.sdms.org/pdf/orderform.pdf>

        Gerson S. Lichtenberg, RDCS, APS
        Cardiology Department
        Oak Park Hospital
        Oak Park, Illinois
      • JLCJR55@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2001
          For Physics I found  Sidney Edelman.PH.D invaluable in regard to physics.
          (ESP,INC.)
          2601 S. Wildwood Circle,Woodlands Texas 77380
                                                               713-292-9400
                                                    Fax- 713-292-9430

          Take his course/courses  and you will pass.
          There is usually one in Las Vegas that should be coming up soon.

          Good Luck!          Jim Clark RDCS