Echo time

  • Chogan1010@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2001
      Image time is about 30 minutes for everything.  Echo tech for 16 years

      Candy Hogan, RDCS
    • Kathleen T Freeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
        Avg. scanning time is 35-45 minutes for uncomplicated TTE...more
        complicated studies take me 1 hr. or more. The "20 y.o." normal study
        might be out the door in 30 minutes.
        Have scanned for 17 yrs. Used to work in the "Hospital ...get them in
        get them out setting"...Now am in a position that allows me the time to
        do a complete study and not feel rushed. Yes, I could crank them
        out...but I would not feel good about it. Fortunately for me, the
        Cardiologists I work for support me totally. I occasionally still get
        the request "Can you do a quick Echo ?" ...but I give them the "Hairy
        Eyeball"...and their response is "OK OK, I know..." there is no such
        thing as a quick Echo"..then I smile.

        K tobin Freeman
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.