Re: [echocardiography] Re: Position in NYC

  • Ken Arredondo
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
      I agree , if you think there's a difference
      And that's the reason why your not being
      Considered for the position take
      Your ARDMS and be more competitive. Most
      Candidates I have interviewed in the past are considered
      Based on their experience, knowledge and competence.

      Good luck on your job hunting. I find it ironic
      This geographical location keep coming
      Up on my LinkedIn with lots of opportunities?

      Ken , CCT, RDCS
      UCSF School of Medicine
      Vascular surgery.
      Fresno, Ca

      Sent from Ken's iPhone

      “A single sunbeam is enough to
      Drive away many shadows.

      “Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
      The courage to change the things I can,
      and the wisdom to know the difference.”
      ― St. Francis of Assisi

      On Aug 18, 2013, at 5:18 AM, JENELLE TOMPKINS <cvtmocha@...> wrote:

      Good morning, first off the shortage has been for a few years in this central location(NJ/NY). Second, the issue with the license has been coming for years, why not have been proactive in getting it. Not sure if you have RDCS or RCS since you did not put initials behind your name. Yes, there is a Difference in the exams, and the international status of work, if a person wanted to. Bottom line, study hard to get license and get to some local society meetings to network.
      Jay, RDCS, PE, AE

      To: echocardiography@yahoogroups.com
      From: akory99@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:17:28 -0400
      Subject: Re: [echocardiography] Re: Position in NYC

      Listing "ARDMS preferred" is not a discrimination in any shape or form.  Each lab drives their own standards.  I require my techs get accredited through ARDMS.  If I have an open position, I would consider a tech registered through CCI, with a commitment to get RDCS credentials within 2 years of hiring.

      The bigger issue is that there are few jobs out there, and the ones available are per diem / part time.

      Andre

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
        Of course that is not "discrimination" in any shape or form, that is related to the comun sense, professionalism and education of any person taking that absurd position, because if the ACC, ASE, SUV, IAC, etc, etc, recognize CCI in the same way, who are "you" (person or hospital or ......) to do the opposite. I am sorry but this is my honest opinion.

        J. David Mut. RDCS
        Phx, AZ.

        -----Original Message----- From: Monika Rosado <monikatheechotech@...> To: echocardiography <echocardiography@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Fri, Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm Subject: Re: [echocardiography] Re: Position in NYC

[...]

      • AK
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
          Yes, I am registered through ARDMS in Adult and Pediatric echo.  New kids are coming out of school with an impression that CCI is "easier to pass", so that's the path most of them take.  I always look for sonographers who like challenge, not an easy path.  We require RDCS within 2 years of hire, also in part because our facility scans a lot of peds and we prefer techs with pediatric registry.
          Andre   RDCS (AE/PE)

          To: echocardiography@yahoogroups.com
          From: akory99@...
          Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:17:28 -0400

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
            For what it's worth it's not much better out here in the Boston area. Although I do work full-time (40 hrs/week) as an echocardiographer I try to keep my eyes out for that elusive 'something better' job. The sad news is that there's at least 30 hospitals located in a 30 mile radius and I haven't seen more than one or two full time echo positions ADVERTISED (meaning: job boards, websites, etc.) in the past 3 months. Lots of per diem and an occasional opening in far flung places like New Hampshire and Rhode Island but that's about it.

            Basically, what I'm trying to say is, what you're experiencing isn't isolated to just you. Its bad all over. I can only suggest what others have: Network; try to socialize with other echo techs. And, hey, if you're friendly with a cardiologist or two you could even try asking for a referral.

            Roger Kaufman
            RDCS, Stress Tech, EKG Tech, Receptionist, IT, Patient Transporter

          • Lenora

              From: akory99@...
              Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:17:28 -0400

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 20, 2013
                  Mina,
                  I totally agree !! I have been telling the people in many imaging departments to get ready because we are going to be in high demand.

                  Regardless of the imaging modality there will be a huge influx of new patients who previously would not go to a doctor because of the lack of insurance.

                  Once this goes into full effect everyone will want to check there previously ignored ailments.

                  Mark my words, we will be in high demand very soon. "Obamacare" is a GREAT phrase to me and to the patients who need our expertise.

                  William J. Carol, RDCS,RDMS,RVT