Re: [echocardiography] Studies per 8 hour shift

  • Michelle Kelly
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2013
      Now that is ridiculous! Our lab does 7 patients a day. One patient every hour, and are lab is totally digital. I could just image how hard your techs are working.

      Michelle

      Message 2 of 9 , May 8, 2013
        Up until recently our echo lab has been doing bubble studies for all patients who have your basic TIA/CVA/stroke symptoms (i.e. confusion, vision disturbance, difficulties speaking, etc.). A few years ago we added bubble studies for those patients who had suffered from TGA (transient global amnesia). But lately we've been getting orders from hospitalists/generalists requesting bubble studies for patients experiencing dizziness, vertigo and/or near syncope. Now I'd always been under the impression that patients experiencing those kind of symptoms don't need a bubble study. Am I wrong to think this? I mean I'm still going to do the bubble study regardless (because the doctor ordered it) but I am curious as to the reason why a bubble study is needed.

        --Roger