Performing echo studies using various ultrasound machines

  • fairheart1960
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
      There is a book being sold on eBay with the title 'Performing echocardiographic studies using machines of Major Manufacturers'.
      In the description it is written that the book describes working with 11 different US machines. Has anybody used this book, is it a good book? As I am new in echo I think it can be very helpful for me.

      thanks
    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
        Guess it depends on the price. I would say no. Chances are you'll work with one of the big 3. If not, it's just buttons and knobs.

        LisaūüĆĻ

        On Mar 20, 2013, at 3:33 PM, "fairheart1960" <fairheart1960@...> wrote:

        There is a book being sold on eBay with the title 'Performing echocardiographic studies using machines of Major Manufacturers'.
        In the description it is written that the book describes working with 11 different US machines. Has anybody used this book, is it a good book? As I am new in echo I think it can be very helpful for me.

        thanks

      • Larry Hooks
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013

          So, you're new in echo; you need your hands on a machine, any machine, but get your hands on a good system such as Philips, GE, etc. and learn the system inside and out. Then and only then would I recommend that book.

          Good luck with those cardiologist :>)

          There is a book being sold on eBay with the title 'Performing echocardiographic studies using machines of Major Manufacturers'.
          In the description it is written that the book describes working with 11 different US machines. Has anybody used this book, is it a good book? As I am new in echo I think it can be very helpful for me.

          thanks

        • T Whelan
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
            Sounds like a book that I would not buy.  As a sonographer of 34 years, I find the ultrasound machines of most manufacturers come with operations manuals that most people put in cabinets next to gloves and T-spray bottles.  Most ultrasound machines can be mastered in doing a couple of examinations on real patients when they are booked heavy and furious.  Most people who are new to ultrasound shudder at seeing all the buttons.  A firm understanding of ultrasound physics and knobology can go a long way towards mastering even the most arcane ultrasound machine.  Granted, an new machine can intimidate even seasoned sonographers, but playing with the machine can bring helpful insights to work flow, and wonderfully diagnostic images.  Now PACS is another animal completely.  Pacs is where I have problems. The transfer of images to a work group is always a challenge to the Per-Diem sonographer.  It is helpful to have the PACS ADMIN or another knowledgeable person on site when learning to transfer images to the PACS.  Peace, TJW

            --
            Peace,
            Gallgizzard and Orchestra