Re: [echocardiography] Rate per study?

  • Andrew Bebry
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 24 3:00 PM
      I'd like to move to your town!  A. Bebry

      Alot would depend on where you are.
      Where I live, $100 per study is what we are getting.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 24, 2012, at 9:53 AM, "emily" <emeyk@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know the going rate to pay a per diem tech per study for echo? What about carotids?

      Any help is appreciated!

      Thanks,

      Emily

      =

      =

    • Gershom Lichtenberg
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 27 10:25 PM
        Hi Mimi. Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I did do some publishing in the earlier parts of my career. For now, I can be more productive responding to issues on a forum like this which reaches a large number of interested colleagues (currently 2,639 members) in an interactive mode.

        And thank you for expressing the importance of doing echocardiography for reasons outside of the money. My wife and I have made a large adjustment to our income and lifestyle to do what we consider a very important thing. And I am thrilled that I get to use my professional skills to help people of all backgrounds in this very special country.

        Gershom Lichtenberg, RDCS
        Echocardiographer
        Rambam Healthcare Campus
        Haifa, Israel

        On Saturday, July 28, 2012, Mimishu66 wrote:

        This is for linchberg, I apologize if I misspell your name. Have you thought about writing? I am a huge fan of the way you express yourself over the years.

          I totally agree with your assessment, and also would like to add another dimension. What is important to you as an individual? Is what you get paid the only factor taken in to consideration? I had been working to a man I admire a great deal. A doctor who actually care about his patients and go out of his way To help those who are in need. The human component of medicine happens to be a great deal to me personally vs just revenue. I have a 10 plus years experience, registered,and live in a city with  the oppOrtunity to make more money than whar I am earning right now. Having said that, I wouldn't trade my job for anything because I am happy and fulfilled. Ask yourself what matters to you the most, and go for it.
        Mimi from TX.

        Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

        From: Mehmet Uzun <mehmetxuzun@...>
        To: "echocardiography@yahoogroups.com" <echocardiography@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Friday, July 27, 2012, 12:16 PM

        You all, never complain.
        I am living in Turkey and I am paid 8 TL (approx. 5 $) per study.