color kinesis

  • Daniel Shindler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
      To the group:

      Do you routinely use color kinesis for any
      of the following?

      1. Evaluation of regional left ventricular wall
      motion during dobutamine stress echo
      (J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999 Aug;34(2):409-19)

      2. Regional right ventricular function
      (Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999 Jun;159(6):1949-59)

      3. Regional left ventricular wall motion in the
      operating room by TEE
      (J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1999 May;117(5):912-7)

      4. Global and regional left ventricular diastolic function
      (Circulation. 1998 Mar 24;97(11):1053-61)

      Regards,
      Dan Shindler MD
      New Brunswick, New Jersey
    • John R. Stratton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
        Is anyone aware of data/studies validating the use of the PI jet at
        end-diastole to estimate PA end-diastolic pressure (and therefore pulmonary
        capillary wedge pressure or LV end-diastolic pressure, since they tend to be
        very close in most subjects).

        The velocity of the PI jet at the end of diastole can be converted to
        pressure, and the PA end-diastolic pressure must equal this pressure plus
        the RV end-diastolic pressure, which can be estimated by the RA pressure.

        PA EDP could be expressed as

        1) PAEDP is equal or greater than the predicted pressure difference at
        end-diastole based on the PI jet

        or 2) PAEDP is approximately equal to PI jet + RA pressure.

        Thanks for your comments in advance.

        --
        John R. Stratton, M.D.
        University of Washington
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
          NO, we use acuson equipment.
          Mark Miller, RCS/RVS
        • Martin Giles
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2000
            I feel that this follows on from my query concerning AQ at the beginning of
            May. If acoustic quantification techniques are not useful as was suggested
            by Dr Faber, can colour kinesis have any real clinical relevance?

            Martin Giles

          • WHITEDAVEL@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2000
              We do not use this at Sebastian River Medical Center. Small hospital just
              north of Vero Beach, FL and just south of Melbourne, FL.