Re: [echocardiography] Re: Portable machine comparison

  • Gershom Lichtenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      Yes, Craig, the Vivid i has been replaced by the Vivid q about 1-2 years ago. I'm not sure about your $100K pricing for a system configured for the office practice, but I would suggest consulting the local GE office sales rep directly for a better estimate of the price. Almost any machine would sound incredibly pricey if you add on all the options that might not be needed (vascular, OB, etc.). And I doubt that ICE will be of use in the office.

      Best of luck.
      Gershom Lichtenberg, RDCS
      Echocardiographer
      Rambam Healthcare Campus
      Haifa, Israel

      On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM, aruredytoo <aruredytoo@...> wrote:

      Dear Dr. Artell:

      Correct me if I'm wrong...But I'm not entirely sure GE makes the ViVid i any longer. It's my understanding that it was replaced by the new ViVid "Q", which brings more software from the ViVid 7 model down to laptop size! GE also has the Vivid E, which is a lower end functional laptop platform that performs basic cardiac and vascular without the SE or TDI Doppler frills. We have a vivid i that is 5 yrs old in our office. it has upgraded software so it is closer to the newer versions. The Vivid Q has or comes with everything you could want in a small portable box. it has full cardiac/SE/TVI/TT/TSI and supports software for ICE studies in a cath lab. Comes with a hefty price tag though.....~$100,000.00 loaded well! I have also had experience with Sonsite's M-Turbo, and Micromax systems. both are pretty good boxes that are very durable if your looking to take your show on the road as it were. can be had for 1/2 or less than the cost of the topline Vivid Q. What ever system you end up with be sure to secure it to a good stand.... none of the boxes take too kindly to being bounced off the ground!

      hope this helps

      Craig Kalapus, RDCS
      San Francisco CA

      --- In echocardiography@yahoogroups.com, vuedoc@... wrote:

      > Ok, I'll ask a more direct question, seeing how popular my last post was:
      >

      > ACUSON P50 v. GE VIVID i
      >

      > Thoughts?
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > BRAD ARTEL, MD, FACC
      > Boca Raton, FL

    • Lee Anderson
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
        The GE Vivid Q is a beefed up Vivid I with the Matrix probe and quantitative packages from the Vivid 7. The Vivid I is great for the private office and was not replaced by the Vivid Q. The Q just has more options and slightly better IQ. For the money the Vivid I is a great buy with great IQ and reliability. Only purchase the options you need and the price will be well under $100K. Be careful with used equipment because their are a few versions of the Vivids with different hradware and software. You want at least a BT 09.

        Correct me if I'm wrong...But I'm not entirely sure GE makes the ViVid i any longer. It's my understanding that it was replaced by the new ViVid "Q", which brings more software from the ViVid 7 model down to laptop size! GE also has the Vivid E, which is a lower end functional laptop platform that performs basic cardiac and vascular without the SE or TDI Doppler frills. We have a vivid i that is 5 yrs old in our office. it has upgraded software so it is closer to the newer versions. The Vivid Q has or comes with everything you could want in a small portable box. it has full cardiac/SE/TVI/TT/TSI and supports software for ICE studies in a cath lab. Comes with a hefty price tag though.....~$100,000.00 loaded well! I have also had experience with Sonsite's M-Turbo, and Micromax systems. both are pretty good boxes that are very durable if your looking to take your show on the road as it were. can be had for 1/2 or less than the cost of the topline Vivid Q. What ever system you end up with be sure to secure it to a good stand.... none of the boxes take too kindly to being bounced off the ground!

        hope this helps

        Craig Kalapus, RDCS
        San Francisco CA
        --- In echocardiography@yahoogroups.com, vuedoc@... wrote:

        > Ok, I'll ask a more direct question, seeing how popular my last post was:
        >

        > ACUSON P50 v. GE VIVID i
        >

        > Thoughts?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > BRAD ARTEL, MD, FACC
        > Boca Raton, FL

      • stacey guillory
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
          I am under the impression Acuson is not going to make the P50 anymore.  I got one in this weekend and I have not been able to play with it yet.  the sonographer that used it today said it has a large learning curve and did not seem user friendly.

          i will know more later this week

          Stacey