Re: Ecco 4.101? & reliability of bkups incl zip drives

  • cmorton@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2000
      I think its straight heavy duty marketing. If you go back in PC
      Magazine a couple of years ago, there was a competing product ranked
      better, the Syjet by Syquest. It used something called a Winchester
      drive, and has a 1.5 gig cartridge. It was ranked more reliable, and
      had more volume than the Zip. But Zip was cheaper, and marketed
      heavily, so people went for the lower priced option, and Syquest is
      basically gone, although its still working well for me.

      Chris R Morton
      Encino, CA

    • Joan J. Artus
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
        --- In eccopro@egroups.com, cmorton@a... wrote:
        > I think its straight heavy duty marketing. If you go back in PC
        > Magazine a couple of years ago, there was a competing product ranked
        > better, the Syjet by Syquest....

        I agree with you, Tom and Chris. Still, I will not trade my MOs by
        CDs.
        Thanks

        Joan J. Artus
        Barcelona, Spain