Palm & Ecco installation

  • steenosting
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 2:14 PM
      With my hard drive crash I'm looking for help on my reinstalling of my Palm & Ecco on my home desktop. The versions I have of the following are:
      - Windows (Vista - which I've already reinstalled)
      - Palm (4.1)
      - Hotsync (4.1.0)
      - Ecco [whatever the final version is because I have Setup32.exe to install it]
      QUESTION IS: I can't remember what USER I should be in when I reinstall Palm, Hotsync & Ecco. I'm thinking I have one of the following three choices:
      1) Start Windows in Administrator & then install all three, or
      2) Start Windows in my USER name & then install all three, or
      3) Start Windows in my USER name & then install each with a right-click to their setup file & select 'Run as administrator'
      Now that's assuming I should do one of those three choices to ALL three of the setup files. Maybe I should do one way to one, a different way to another & an even different way to the third installation. Whew!
      It's a desktop that just I use so I have access to both my password as well as it's Administrator password.
      Any help will be appreciated!!
    • onelistdrs
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 6:12 PM
        Is your "user" acct setup to run as an administrator? if so, just install as "user".
        I run and install all programs that way.