Win 7 32 Compusol EccoPro Installation Question

  • martin_hines
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 2:06 PM
      I recently downloaded and installed the Compusol Ecco Pro Win 7 32-bit installer and it works great.

      However I have one question regarding the Windows Start Menu icons.

      BACKGROUND
      ----------
      When I launch EccoPro using the installer created start menu icons it appears the program performs some type of dynamic run-time installation since it accesses "C:\EccoPro32\EccoPro 32 - Installation.msi" every time the program starts up. It takes about 2 seconds to launch EccoPro this way.

      Alteratively, if I start EccoPro by launching "C:\Program Files\Ecco\ecco32.exe", EccoPro is launched instantaneously and it does not access the "C:\EccoPro32" directory

      QUESTION
      --------
      What is happening when I click on the installer created start menu icons and can I simply delete these and create a Start menu icon that uses "ecco32.exe" directly? Thanks.
    • Friedhelm Dohmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19 12:42 AM
        You can! Just make sure you always run W7 as administrator and/or with administrative privileges.

        F.

        --
        Signature

        Friedhelm Dohmann

        www.creativeservices.org
        www.creativeservices.us
        www.beaufortfilm.org
        P.O. Box 927
        Beaufort, SC 29901
        +1.843.522.2000
        Skype: fdohmann
        Germany:
        Am Sonnenhang 3
        58511 Lüdenscheid
        +49.2351.22188
        LinkedInFacebookYouTube

        Creative Design and Advanced Hosting Solutions

        The Home of EccoPro for Windows 7, Vista and XP 64-bit and 32-bit
        P print only when necessary!
        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential
        and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
        Any use, distribution or disclosure of content or the commercial use
        of photography or artwork without a written release is prohibited.
        If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
        sender immediately by email and delete the message and any
        file attachments from your computer. Thank you.

      • martin_hines
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 6:52 AM
          Thanks for the reply!