Netmanage Sold! Maybe the new owners will free Ecco

  • martlet66
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      From the Wall Street Journal:

      Micro Focus To Buy NetManage For $7.20 A Share
      Posted by Eric Savitz

      Micro Focus (MCRO.L), a U.K. based software company, this morning
      announced a deal to acquire Cupertino-based NetManage (NETM) for $7.20
      a share in cash. The deal has a total value of $73.3 million. The deal
      is expected to close in June.

      In March, a previous deal for NetManage to be acquired by Rocket
      Software at the same price of $7.20 a share collapsed due to a lack of
      financing. The company has been the target of potential buyers as far
      back as August 2006.

      NETM this morning is up $2.80, or 67.4%, to $6.95.
    • cointoss50
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2008
        --- In eccopro@yahoogroups.com, "martlet66" <martlet@...> wrote:

        > From the Wall Street Journal:
        >
        > Micro Focus To Buy NetManage For $7.20 A Share
        > Posted by Eric Savitz
        >
        > Micro Focus (MCRO.L), a U.K. based software company, this morning
        > announced a deal to acquire Cupertino-based NetManage (NETM) for $7.20
        > a share in cash. The deal has a total value of $73.3 million. The deal
        > is expected to close in June.
        >
        > In March, a previous deal for NetManage to be acquired by Rocket
        > Software at the same price of $7.20 a share collapsed due to a lack of
        > financing. The company has been the target of potential buyers as far
        > back as August 2006.
        >
        > NETM this morning is up $2.80, or 67.4%, to $6.95.

        I just came across this post at random looking for other info about my unending use of beloved EccoPro. This is really exciting! I hope, I hope, I hope the new owner let's EccoPro be free! (I could never understand how NetManage handled the whole thing unless Microsoft or someone else was paying NetManage to let EccoPro die.) My favorite outcome is that it is released into the open-source community. Fingers are crossed!