Re: [eccopro] how to paste a whole paragraph in one line?

  • Hieronymous Max
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
      Kind of related - is there a way to insert hyperlinks (either to a url or a file on the hard drive) into Ecco?

      Jon Polish wrote:
      Well there is an even better way to accomplish this by using the
      Shooter. The only this you have to do is to adjust the Shooter's
      preferences by clicking on the Shooter. Go to "preferences," click on
      "send text." Then choose "editable text" AND "send as one item". You
      are done.

      Jon

      On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 2:44:23 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

      DC> As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
      DC> into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
      DC> you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
      DC> them into a single item.

      DC> Davor

      DC> Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jon Polish
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
        Yes. Highlight the url and use the Shooter to send it to your outline.
        In most cases, Ecco is set up to automatically recognize the text as
        an address, so double clicking on it will bring up the page in your
        default browser.

        Jon

        On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 4:47:37 PM, Hieronymous Max wrote:

        HM> Kind of related - is there a way to insert hyperlinks (either to
        HM> a url or a file on the hard drive) into Ecco?
        HM>
        HM> Jon Polish wrote:
        HM>
        HM> Well there is an even better way to accomplish this by using the
        HM> Shooter. The only this you have to do is to adjust the Shooter's
        HM> preferences by clicking on the Shooter. Go to "preferences," click on
        HM> "send text." Then choose "editable text" AND "send as one item". You
        HM> are done.

        HM> Jon

        HM> ___________________________________________________________

        HM> On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 2:44:23 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

        DC>> As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
        DC>> into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
        DC>> you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
        DC>> them into a single item.

        DC>> Davor

        HM> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        HM> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        HM>
        HM>
        HM>  Visit your group "eccopro" on the web.
        HM>    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        HM>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • Hieronymous Max
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
          Cool. Thanks!

          Jon Polish wrote:
          Yes. Highlight the url and use the Shooter to send it to your outline.
          In most cases, Ecco is set up to automatically recognize the text as
          an address, so double clicking on it will bring up the page in your
          default browser.

          Jon

          On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 4:47:37 PM, Hieronymous Max wrote:

          HM>  Kind of related - is there a way to insert hyperlinks (either to
          HM> a url or a file on the hard drive) into Ecco?
          HM>
          HM>  Jon Polish wrote:
          HM>
          HM> Well there is an even better way to accomplish this by using the
          HM> Shooter. The only this you have to do is to adjust the Shooter's
          HM> preferences by clicking on the Shooter. Go to "preferences," click on
          HM> "send text." Then choose "editable text" AND "send as one item". You
          HM> are done.

          HM> Jon

          HM> ___________________________________________________________

          HM> On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 2:44:23 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

          DC>> As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
          DC>> into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
          DC>> you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
          DC>> them into a single item.

          DC>> Davor

          HM> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          HM>   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          HM>
          HM>
          HM>    Visit your group "eccopro" on the web.
          HM>     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          HM>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Phillip A. Trevino
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
            Shooter has always performed erratically - at best - for me, so the
            keyboard shortcut was really great news.

            Well there is an even better way to accomplish this by using the
            Shooter. The only this you have to do is to adjust the Shooter's
            preferences by clicking on the Shooter. Go to "preferences," click on
            "send text." Then choose "editable text" AND "send as one item". You are
            done.

            Jon

            On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 2:44:23 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

            DC> As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line

            DC> into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so
            DC> that you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's
            DC> terminology) them into a single item.

            DC> Davor

            DC> To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:

            DC> Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • TH
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
              --- In eccopro@yahoogroups.com, Davor Cubranic <cubranic@c...> wrote:
              > As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
              > into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
              > you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
              > them into a single item.
              >
              > Davor

              Thanks all for kind advice. This is really a nice program. I'll like it
              for sure, and hope the open-source will happen soon. - TH
            • TH
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
                --- In eccopro@yahoogroups.com, Davor Cubranic <cubranic@c...> wrote:
                > As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
                > into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
                > you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
                > them into a single item.
                >
                > Davor

                Thanks all for kind advice. This is really a nice program. I'll like it
                for sure, and hope the open-source will happen soon. - TH
              • jdhchang
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                  Simply amazing! I was just struggling with this problem, then decided
                  to take a break and check with the eccopro user group. THANK YOU!!!

                  Jacob

                  --- In eccopro@yahoogroups.com, Davor Cubranic <cubranic@c...> wrote:
                  > As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
                  > into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
                  > you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
                  > them into a single item.
                  >
                  > Davor
                • kgragert
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                    Thank you for this tip.
                    The way ECCO would paste was the only thing I did not like about the
                    program. The Shooter will not work in many programs, and from years
                    of using cut and paste it was more natural.

                    Thanks again Ken

                    --- In eccopro@yahoogroups.com, Davor Cubranic <cubranic@c...> wrote:
                    > As you noticed, when you paste, Ecco will translate each end-of-line
                    > into a new item. But it leaves all the pasted items selected, so that
                    > you can do a Shift-Control-J to merge ("join" in Ecco's terminology)
                    > them into a single item.
                    >
                    > Davor
                  • jizyca
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Thanks rom here too!!!

                    • TenacularDogs@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 22, 2005
                        In a message dated 9/6/2005 2:47:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ptrevino@... writes:
                        Shooter has always performed erratically - at best - for me, so the
                        keyboard shortcut was really great news.
                        I'm glad you wrote this. I've never gotten Shooter to work properly. I am catching up reading old e-mail, so I haven't tried the keyboard shortcut yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.