Re: Is there any way to attach a file (say a picture) to an item in the phone book?

  • C.B.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      I don't like MagicView. There's no documentation and not matter what I clicked on nothing happened. How do I uninstall it? It doesn't show up in Add/Remove programs? Sorry I ever downloaded it.

      As far as pic2ecco, found nothing even close to that at eccotools.com. Even searched on picture and image and found nothing.

      --- In ecco_pro@yahoogroups.com, "yoursowelcomethanks" <perlloaderplease@...> wrote:

      > Yes!
      >
      > (1) You can add a picture as a sub item... many ways to do that, even drag & drop. There is a FREEWARE tool on eccotools.com board "pic2ecco" or something like that, will screen clip directly into ecco (is pretty nice).
      >
      > (2) You can also add an RTF/Object pane to ecco with MagicView extension (eccomv.com). Can store images inside or outside of ecco (in directory associated to the .eco file). For advanced, can set up form to replace phonebook form, that shows desired ecco folders and pictures if desired.
      >

      > For printing out outline with photos, option (1) is best..
      >

      > --- In ecco_pro@yahoogroups.com, "C.B." <cb_mccoy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd like to be able to attach pictures to the items in my Ecco phonebook. Is that even possible?

    • yoursowelcomethanks
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        (1) mAGICView takes some understanding.

        Tutorials etc., are at http://forums.eccoMAGIC.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1218986971/0#0

        reading over to get grasp of what it is and how to use, necessary to use. Especially helpful may be the quickstart guide.

        note, MV does not 'install' into a system. You need to run the magicview.exe (or add to startup folder) each new windows session.

        also, the 100 page manual (either in the .zip file, or by pressing F1 from within the magic view pane) is extensive.

        (2)from HERE http://forums.eccoMAGIC.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1193816898/0#0

        full listing of add-ons.

        http://forums.eccoMAGIC.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1210804610/0#0

        it is nice.