[ecaagen] LANE/LAINE from Mason County, KY.

  • TIM AYERS
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 1999
      The information below was taken fron various Mason County, Ky. Census
      information. While not related to me, this family has become of
      interest to me. Are any of these names familiar to anyone out
      there?
      Please let me know if so . . .

      1880 Census:
      LAINE, James (Husband) 38
      - - - Susan (wife) 33
      - - - Mattie B. (daughter) 5
      COLEMAN, William (B/L) 19

      1900 Census:
      LANE, James (Husband) 55 B=July,1841 - - -
      Susan (wife) 53 B=January,1847
      - - - Mattie B. (daughter) 22 B=November,1877(?)

      1910 Census:
      LANE, Susan (wd) 66 B=January,1847
      - - - Mattie B. (daughter) (age=?) B=November,1877(?)

      1920 Census:
      LANE, William (Head of Household/Brother-in-Law) 75

      - - - Susan (sister-in-law) 75
      - - - Mattie B. (daughter) 44

      Both Susan & her daughter, Maggie, took in people's wash at thier
      home
      to make a living according to the 1920 Census. Susan's maidern
      name
      may have been COLEMAN. Furthermore, it appeared that Susan and her
      daughter could read and write according to the 1900 census. Do
      these
      names sound familiar to anyone out there?

      TIm Ayers
      tayers@...

      ***********************************
      Tim Ayers, Manager
      Small Business Division
      Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
      (615) 259-4775
      (615) 256-3074 - Fax
      EMAIL: tayers@...
      "Come see the Grand New Nashville"
      Ranked as one of the Best Cities in the U. S. for small business growth!

      Check out ChamberWeb & Our Affiliates at
      http://www.nashvillechamber.com http://www.musiccityusa.com
      http://www.nashvilleschool2career.citysearch.com
      http://www.healthcarecouncil.com & http://www.nashvillesports.com

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ecaagen