[ecaagen] Looking for African American researchers and surnames from Mason County, Kentucky

  • TIM AYERS
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 1998
      >HI:
      >I'm researching BERRY, CARR, BOWMAN, WILLIAMS, PRIOR in Mason County.
      >Slave owner surnames: BALDWIN, DAUGHTERTY or DOUGHERTY.
      >
      >For more info, see my new Web site:
      >http://members.aol/kdberr/genealgy/index.htm
      >
      >K.Berry
      >kdberr@...
      >
      >HI:
      >I am reasearching WELLS, MURPHY, JONES, JOHNSON, SMITH, BALL, SMALL,
      >GIBBS in Mason County
      >BASEY in Bourbon County
      >Also AYERS and DESHIELD in Virginia/Maryland
      >
      >Tim Ayers
      >tayers@... or timayers1@...
      >
      >Hi,
      >
      >I'm researching FOX, GOINES / GOINS / GONES / GARNES / GOINGS in Mason
      >County, KY.
      >
      >Also, HODGES, HASTINGS / HAYDEN / HAYDON in Bourbon County.
      >
      >Judy Place Maggiore
      >missplaced@...
      >
      >Hi Tim,
      >
      >I'm researching ORR, CORDE, and DECEMBLY in Mason County.
      >
      >Aaron Laramore
      >www.handtech.com/tcweb/alaramore
      >members.tripod.com/~alaramore

    • Lisa Ibe
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10 8:41 PM
        Hi:

        I am looking for info on Alice Kellogg and her cousin Willie(male)
        they were from Macon Ga. Willie brought Alice to Crittenton County,
        Arkansas when she was 13 years old, we think this was about 1890 or so.
        They had no sisters or brothers, parent's or other kinship. The mothers
        of both were sold in salvery.

        Alice married my g-grandfather Joe Ready to this union the following
        was bron, my grandfather Johnnie Ready(1900)(Alberta Robinson(1907)),
        Christina Ready Crudup(Johnnie), Lula Ready Ware, Dexter ?, Ruben,
        Joe(Alberta ?).

        When was the Immancipation Proclamation signed, and how do I find out
        when it went into affect in certain states.

        How can I start researching these issues. Any help would be greatly
        appreciated.

        Lisa Ibe
        ****
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ecaagen/?start=24